• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm struggling and looking for help please

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
I seem to have lost my way somewhat.
Been out lots in the lead up to xmas and drank a fair bit of alcohol on those occasions.
But apart from that my nibbling has really got out of hand.
When I am at work or uni my eating is so controlled but since I've been off I am finding it really hard.
I know what to do, its just actually doing it that I find hard. My restriction is still good if I follow the rules like drinking plenty and eating protein first.
Today hasn't been too bad, I went to the gym for the first time in a month and ate healthy meals but still managed to eat xmas pudding and cream mid afternoon and a few choccys and nibbles of doritos here and there.
I ate this today..plus the nibbles I mentioned
Brekkie...actimel..then 2 large mushrooms grilled with 25g stilton on top. 5 lychees.
Lunch..2 crackers with pate, tiny amount of salad, 1 mini cocktail sausage
Dinner..half a salmon steak and roasted veggies.
Had 1 tea, 1 coffee, 2 glasses of milk and 1.5 litres of water.
Do you think this is ok if I hadn't have had the extra bits?
I'm starting to doubt myself in my decisions regarding food but really don't wanna go down the whole weighing and recording every bite i eat route...too many failed attempts at slimming clubs for that.
What do you guys eat on a typical day?
Please help me out of this rut :sigh:

Firstly Scooby it's not a rut, it's the Christmas break and life right now that's trying to sabotage you. I know this as it's happening to me too!

Get the season out the way, if you have to have a goodie which is a baddie then plan to have it. I personally think if you give yourself an allowance of naughtiness e.g after lunch i'm having a mince pie with ice cream scoop then that's all you'll have. But if you just have it you'll feel bad so will have more to compensate for feeling bad and also to justify a bit of naughtiness with even more naughtiness if you get my drift. it's a case of in for a penny in for a pound....

So give yourself an allowance, when all the craps eaten don't replace it xx

Not sure if you are eating enough protein Leanne. I know you don't want to weigh everything but it is important to know how much protein is in your fave foods so you can do a quick count to the recommended 60gs a day. Your menu doesn't seem to have that much in it. The amounts seem small at lunchtime in terms of protein especially as not sure how much pate has in it and how much you ate. At 20 months out I would eat too much for you at 6 months but here it is anyhow

Breakfast: Egg and low fat bacon
Snack: protein shake
Lunch; Prawns 125gs and salad
Snack: Protein shake
Dinner: Chicken breast and salad/veg
Snack: 1/2 large tub of Total 0% with lemon juice and splenda stirred in
Various drinks from black coffee, water, NAS squash, Tea

My restriction varies from day to day and some days I could eat loads but others not much at all. I always aim for 80-100gs protein. Not trying to be a goody 2 shoes but i really believe its the key but I aslso have days when I struggle badly and eat crap as well, somehow I find it slips down just fine

I'm sure you'll get back on top of this when you return to your routine but the 6 month point is a difficult one.

Take care

M

Thanks ladies.
I do worry about not having enough protein but do try to eat some at every meal and am never sure whether to have a protein rich snack in between or whether snacking is a no go.
So strange how things like crisps and biscuits slip down almost as though I haven't had a bypass but 'proper' protein rich foods are more difficult. The salmon I had last night was delicious but I honestly could only eat half of it but then a couple of hours later was scoffing nachos and cheese that I had made for the kids.
I will be so glad to get back into my normal routine cos I so don't want to ruin this.
My head demons seemed to have disappeared at first but they are rearing their ugly heads again.
Gonna go for a long walk in the fresh air with Roger I think this morning cos its something he likes doing and it will hopefully clear my head.
Thanks again Julie and M xxx

Dont be too hard on yourself Leanne at least your reconising your picking so you can do something about it. I've got into some bad habits especially crisps and it's hard when i seem to get away with it as i'm still losing weight. I will start eating healthier though in the new year and will have crisps and treats but will make sure it's only a couple of times a week and not everyday as it is at the moment. Hope you get yourself sorted im sure you will and you know where we are if you need any help, take care xxx

Hi Leanne

I am having a similar problem to you and know I need to do something about. I dont feel guilty though as I know before the op the picking would of been a whole famly size bag of crisps plus a whole tub of icecream.

I have decided to try and be a wee bit careful but after new years day, I am gonna write a diary for 2 weeks. I know its a pain but I found that if I do this and post it on here and be really really honest it does help immensely.

You are doing a good job, practice makes perfect.

Thanks everyone for your support x

Dont be too hard on yourself. You have been doing fantastically well and I think this time of year has a lot to answer for! Just accept it's going to be different until you get back into your routinue and try and limit the damage. As Julie says plan your snacks and forgive yourself. You are doing just great
Loads of love
JO XX

Thanks Jo x

It's Christmas :)

Even the saint of all saints say 'Balls to it'.

I'm having a total rest right now, no exercise, not being too strict with what I eat. I know I need this rest as work has been hectic and family life too. I am taking this time off to recharge my batteries and get ready for new years new challenges I am setting myself :)

Chill out, you deserve it xx

The problem is we are all out of our routines because of Christmas. My eating goes to pot when I don't stick to my usual schedule so I am being kind to myself and giving myself some time off until I go back to work next week. I haven't been to the gym (Its near work as I usually go after work) and have been picking. I've put 2lb on but considering I used to put on around a stone before I feel good about that. Once the snacking food is gone then you can concentrate on eating healthy again.

Thanks Mixxy and Stella.
It helps so much to know that others are in the same boat.
I plan to get completely back on track on monday but for now just limit the damage.
Off to my nephews in Oxford tomorrow so delicious home made indian food then to a friends for NYE.
Got family coming here NYD for big roast dinner then thats it, party season is over and I can gain some control.
Dunno whether to go the whole hog and do the 5 day pouch test to get rid of my snacking habits or just get back to my sensible planned way of eating whilst trying to get enough protein in.
What do you think?

I've fell off the wagon too, eating trifle and cake (before my op i didn't have a sweet tooth, but now i find i have). I'm having bigger portions too.
hubby said "your eating bigger portions", i replied "i will ,as time goes by i will eat a child size portion", then he said "what child "Billy Bunter"." so he can get his own tea tonight.

I would get back to the sensible eating first - give your body a treat of healthy food after all the junk, then if you don't think its working go on the 5 day pouch test. I've eaten a lot of junk and my body is starting to crave healthy food now so had a lovely chicken salad today. Its nice to have a break and eat naughty food but I find that it really makes me sluggish now and am looking forward to next week and getting back on track.

PS - don't forget the fluids as this really gets me back on track. I have also notice if I am a touch dehydrated then my skin looks much more saggy and the wrinkles notice more - such a great incentive to get my 3 litres in!

Sue, had to smile at your hubby's comment! Haha.
Stella.....3 litres? Wow! When i'm at work or uni I manage 2 but at home I'm useless, in fact today I haven't drank any water or squash at all! Shocking...
Must admit when I do drink plenty my eating is much better too x

Leanne, I had a couple of scares early on post op and ended up in hospital twice with dehydration. My surgeon drummed it into me that I suffer particularly with dehydration and that I must be vigilent in getting liquids in (I never touched water before the op) so I carry a bottle with me at all times now - it's particularly hard in winter but its a health issue with me now - don't think I'll ever relish it though.

Back