• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

loss of 6lb after a stall - not the way I wanted it though

Stellap

At goal at last.....
I've had a stall for a few weeks but wasn't too worried as I'm near to goal now but have been struck down with a really bad viral bug which has made me feel really poorly and not able to eat for 4 days. I've tried to keep my fluids up but know i am dehydrated and drinking makes me feel sick because of the tummy bug. I've lost 6lb in 4 days which is good but would rather have lost it the normal way. Will the weight go back on when I resume normal eating do you think?

Oh hun I hope you feel better soon.:)

sorry you feel so yuck. Some of the weight loss is undoubtedly fluid so you should get that back...but probably not all of it.
I hope not. Sending hugs xxx

Thanks girls, its really laid me low - I just want to get back to eating properly and getting back into my routine of healthy eating, drinking loads and exercise but my restriction is so tight now I can barely eat anything (all I've managed today is a ryvita) and I'm 9 months out. I think the dehydration is making me feel worse so really trying to get the fluids in. Thanks for your good wishes

Thanks girls, its really laid me low - I just want to get back to eating properly and getting back into my routine of healthy eating, drinking loads and exercise but my restriction is so tight now I can barely eat anything (all I've managed today is a ryvita) and I'm 9 months out. I think the dehydration is making me feel worse so really trying to get the fluids in. Thanks for your good wishes

Stella I think Stephie was like this as well a few weeks ago. I do hope it settles soon. x

Stella i think some of it will stay off, but at the end of the day that doesn't matter. What matters is you get some fluids and goodness in you and build up your immunity again... xx

Hi Stella, I am so sorry to hear that you have been so unwell and so near your goal...
I hope you can soon build up and build up your immunity...
Your goal is within sight so keep strong and positive... you have time to work at it and time to get better first...

Sending loads of love your way xxx

oh poor you. Get well soon hun x

Awww I really feel for you on this one...about a fortnight ago I was poorly with a tummy bug for about 12 days, I only threw up once and it wasnt a sicky bug, but I had horrendous explosive liquid runs almost all day and night for those 12 days and pills did very little to stop it, so I just had to ride it out. I was eating very little but I was drinking like a crazy woman. I lost 12lbs in that 12 days, made me happy but I knew that some, if not all, would go back on. Two weeks on and I think I put around 5 or 6 of those 12lbs back on, so I should imagine you may put a few pounds back on but Im sure its worth it to get well again.
Truly HUGE hugs for you suffering with this, I know how horrible it can be.
As for the capacity issue, it has taken this two weeks for me to be able to eat anywhere near my normal amounts, but your capacity WILL improve with time.
Take care xx
Steph xx

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. All that matters is getting well, I'm not really bothered if the weight goes back on as it will come off again sooner or later. I am just worried about dehydration as I ended up in hospital last time for 3 days getting rehydrated - I've never had a high capacity for liquids and losing it as quickly as I drink it is making it near damn impossible. Hopefully it will start to ease up and I can get my health back up to what it was. One thing I notice post op is how vulnerable my poor tum is to bugs - used to be cast iron, now its a very weak aluminium :sigh:. Thanks everyone for your wishes and support, it means a lot x

Awww I really feel for you on this one...about a fortnight ago I was poorly with a tummy bug for about 12 days, I only threw up once and it wasnt a sicky bug, but I had horrendous explosive liquid runs almost all day and night for those 12 days and pills did very little to stop it, so I just had to ride it out. I was eating very little but I was drinking like a crazy woman. I lost 12lbs in that 12 days, made me happy but I knew that some, if not all, would go back on. Two weeks on and I think I put around 5 or 6 of those 12lbs back on, so I should imagine you may put a few pounds back on but Im sure its worth it to get well again.
Truly HUGE hugs for you suffering with this, I know how horrible it can be.
As for the capacity issue, it has taken this two weeks for me to be able to eat anywhere near my normal amounts, but your capacity WILL improve with time.
Take care xx
Steph xx

Thanks Steph, it sounds exactly the same as what I have - am hoping it doesn't last 12 days though as work are pee'd off enough with me being off straight after bank holiday weekend. My health is more important though so they will have to lump it - I'll take them a sample in if they don't believe I'm really ill :eek:

Thanks Steph, it sounds exactly the same as what I have - am hoping it doesn't last 12 days though as work are pee'd off enough with me being off straight after bank holiday weekend. My health is more important though so they will have to lump it - I'll take them a sample in if they don't believe I'm really ill :eek:

Mine seemed as though it would never stop but then on day 11 it eased a bit and simply stopped on day 12. Stuff work...you HAVE to take care of yourself xx
Steph xx

I agree with Stephie. Take it easy honey. Have you managed any dioralyte or the like?

I think a problem with getting so dehydrated is that the minerals all get muxed up and that causes more problems. Praying this passes quickly. xx

I agree with Stephie. Take it easy honey. Have you managed any dioralyte or the like?

I think a problem with getting so dehydrated is that the minerals all get muxed up and that causes more problems. Praying this passes quickly. xx

Thanks Charis, I seem to be on the road to recovery now as the runs have now stopped and I am starting to eat again and did 2 litres of water yesterday. I noticed that I am not passing urine yet (which I always do with all the drinking) so I am assuming my body is keeping the fluid to top itself up. Feeling a lot better now and feeling fairly normal this morning so it looks good - everyone that has seen me though has said how skinny I look so i think the weight loss is visible. I'm now 10stone 6 and people are starting to tell me not to lose any more. My goal is 10 stone but I might just stop where I am. Thanks everyone for your very helpful comments and good wishes :wavey:

weightloss when poorly is inevitable, especially if you have the screaming trotts....alot of it will be water loss, but it doesn't matter, as you're so close to goal, i wouldn't get too hung up on numbers!! it's how you feel upstairs that matters, hoping you're feeling much better, i had an awful tummy after coming out of hospital after my heart op, i think it was all that crap they pumped into me whilst they were doing the op, settled down myself now tho, take care and drink plenty of fluids, food don't matter so much, fluid is a defo ;)

Back