• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Impatient!!!

Hi
I am two weeks post op, the first week I lost eight pounds and was delighted. This week to my disappointment I have lost two pounds. I know in total this is 10lbs and I should be pleased but deep down I am disappointed.
The hospital said that they only expect me to loose around 2 lbs a week so I must get that into my head and see a 2lb weight loss as a sucess.
I am to have me first fill on the 2nd June, this is soon after the op as I am going to the USA on the 20th June and if I don't have it then I will not get an appointment until the 20th July which the hospital says is too long a gap (3 months).
So I really think it is all good news and I need to get my head sorted out and accept that some weeks I may loose 2lbs and others I may loose nothing and thats ok as long as I am going in the right direction.

Last edited:
2lbs most weeks that won't come back this time (providing you work well with your band) is a pretty good deal when you think about it x

HUGS hun, we all expect immediate results even though we know it is not possible. 2lb a week is a good loss and over time it adds up to lots and lots. well done on losing the 10lb so far xxxx

You have to remember it is not like the slimming clubs where you lose a pound one week and put it back on the next. Hopefully you will lose at this nice steady pace every week and this time next year you would have lost approx 7 stone! If you lose it too quick your skin won't have chance to catch up too.

I am in the honeymoon stage of my first week and have list 6lb since Thursday but am preparing myself for a small loss next week. Chin up and think of the bigger picture and you in your bikini next year!

Sharon x

10lbs! have u seen tam's thread...when u put it into perspective its a heck of a lot!!well done :)

Hi there
I really would try to get this sorted in your head otherwise you are not going to enjoy your journey at all. If you put too much emphasis on the scale numbers it can really affect your mood and how you feel about yourself and your band. Try to think about eating well, exercising and let the weight loss happen. You wont lose two pounds every week for sure and you can set yourself up for so much disappointment. Please try to take each day as it comes and relax about the numbers. it will be so much better for you
best wishes to you
Jo XX

Hi i lost 8lb last week (first week) and if i lose 2 lb this week i will be satisfied. xx

Back