• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why does it happen?

BandyEmm

As some of you may know, i appear to loose cm/inches rather then lbs,

I mean am now a 24 top and bottom, where before i was at leats a 28/30 up top and a 26/28 down below

Why does this happen?

According to the scales ive lost only 10lb since march!!!

Hi Em

Sounds like you may be converting pounds of fat to muscle or water. When I go to my providers clinic to get weighed they also tell me how much fat I have lost and muscle gained as well as weight lost.

I know you would rather see the weight go down but Im sure it will happen soon x

my next check up is in september!!!!

Wanna loose a stone by then, or should i say dress size lol xx

Emm, have answered you with a possible suggestion in another thread but it seems like you may be eating too little believe it or not.

I looked at what you ate and it seems ever so small. And not that much protein.

Eating too little can result in a stall, I know as I got told this at my last appointment by dietician.

I have been asked to try and reach 1600 cals a day and do 2 lots of 30 mins exercise, once in morning and once in afternoon, where apparently you burn more calories...also to use your restriction as a guide, allow yourself to feel it but dont push it, that way you stay satisfied for longer too.

So far it seems to be working as the weight coming off is moving again....:)

Caz my lovely can you send me some info on what types of food i should be eating? your a inspiration to me and your words are always straight talking and full of wisdom

xx

I can give you a typical day if this helps...

Breakfast, Slimfast coffee shake from tub (less sickly sweet) and a protein bar, calories together 400 approx.

Lunch, Weight Watchers ready meal, approximately 350 calories

Dinner, 2 small chicken thighs, salad, no potatoes. Solero Lolly. 400 calories approx.

If I do snack I use the new Belvita bickies, and have 2 in morning with a cuppa and 2 in afternoon with a cuppa. Theses are 55 calories each. But don't always have 4.

I drink at least 2 litres of water a day, then might have 2-4 cups of tea in addition.

If a full snack day my total calories are approximately 1370...I am finding it hard to hit my new targets LOL

Emm, have answered you with a possible suggestion in another thread but it seems like you may be eating too little believe it or not.

I looked at what you ate and it seems ever so small. And not that much protein.

Eating too little can result in a stall, I know as I got told this at my last appointment by dietician.

I have been asked to try and reach 1600 cals a day and do 2 lots of 30 mins exercise, once in morning and once in afternoon, where apparently you burn more calories...also to use your restriction as a guide, allow yourself to feel it but dont push it, that way you stay satisfied for longer too.

So far it seems to be working as the weight coming off is moving again....:)

spot on!! when i did WW about 12 years ago, i was told off by the group leader for not eating enough, sure enough i ate more and the weight loss started again, as a side note, i had a personal trainer in my cab today, and we were talking about the exact same thing, and i mentioned my stall, and that i had increased my intake and things had started to move along again nicely, i eat a high protein, very low carb, and have actually increased my fat levels a bit :eek:, but it seems to be working, remember this, to burn coal a boiler needs coal!! a wierd analogy, but i'm sure you get the point ;)

Wow , ok i now see your point that im not eating enough,

Will have to sit and sort out soem meal plans with plenty of protien and i MUST up my fluid as that lets me down.

Thanks again xx

Just been reading what youve all had to say.....im really struggling, my weight lost post band is 12lb and i had it done 7months ago. some days i have very little, other days im hungry but still eat far less than i used to. I exercise but im not loosing.....i feel fed up!! :(

Karen i think the other banders answered your post on here along with Emma's. If you don't eat enough your body will think you are starving it and will hold onto your reserves.

You seriously wouldnt expect to sit in a car with no petrol in it and for the car to actually work now, would you ladies?

Good luck i hope the stalls disappear for you both xx

Back