• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IMPORTANT PLZ READ

Jcw013

:sigh:Hello my name is Jaleesa and i had my gastric sleeve last tuesday, and I have to say everything was going good, but tuesday I felt like I had to coughed and when I did it was hard and then it felt lke someone had punched me in the stomach. I thought that it would go but it didnt. When I lay down thats when I can feel the sharp pain in my stomach like I can feel it everytime I turned aand it hurts like you dn't know what. the pain is around my belly button.I don't know what to do about this, should I wait til Tuesday for my 2 week post op appointment and discuss with my dr.? or is there something I can do to make it stop hurting, has anyone else went through this before. Please help me if you can. I will greatly appreciate it.

Hi Jaleesa, Sorry to hear that you are in pain. Would it be worth phoning your provider and discussing your symptoms as they will know if it needs investigating. I was given a number to phone if there were any problems post surgery. I had the bypass and didn't experience anything like that. Don't forget that you can suffer from other health issues like hernia, appendicitis etc still, so it might be worth seeing your GP. If it was me, I wouldn't wait until Tuesday if the pain is as bad as you discribe.

i dont think i would wait either - get on the phone first thing in the morning hun and explain the pain to the team who did your op - they should know if you need checking over! best to be safe than sorry! rest up luv and let us know what they say in the morning xxx

Yes I am going to call him first thing in the morning.... Thank you both

Glad you're going to ring. It will give you pain still coughing at this stage but the pain should have gone after a bit. It may be something as silly as a strained muscle but you'd be better making sure.

Good luck :)

How are you feeling this morning? I would deffo speak to your provider. Hope your feeling better soon.

Have you phoned your provider yet? What did they say? Hope you're not having as much pain today.

No I did not get in contact with him never answered.... Just pray I make it to tuesday if not I will go to the er

Hi , i had a bypass , i too had a pain just above my belly button but it was on the surface rather than deep in my tummy , it was like a stabbing pain , when i first felt it it felt like i had ripped something , i went to my gp as my hospital team didnt get back to me , he was convinced it was wind trapped in the layers of my skin , it did eventually go hth xxx

That feels like exactly wat I feel.... Could you do anything for the pain

My doc said to just take paracetamol although it didn't seem to do anything , I just kept taking peppermint oil capsules or you could try wind ease , I kept giving it a light massage aswell to see if I could move it around a bit , it took a few weeks to go , I would still mention it though just incase xxx

hi jaleesa
hope you are feeling a tiny bit better, i was the same after i had my gastric band.... too some windease and eventually it went away, really scared me though..so i know how it feels...hope you get yourself sorted soon x

It doesn't really hurt throughout the day it kills me at night in the bed.. I slept on a couch at my citation house last night and it felt so much better cause I'm a wild sleeper and on thr couch I can't move that much

Went to the dr. today... he told me that I strained a muscle around the sutures on my stomach. There is no medicine but he did give me a abdominal binder and told me to keep streching it out... and hopefully it will be gone in a week or so wish me luck :)

Back