• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too much :(

triedeverything

Last night my mum was in a serious car crash and had to be pulled out of her wrecked car. She's 73 and has severe bruising to her chest and arms and cuts on her face.. but by some miracle she survived and is recouperating although in a lot of pain.

She will need looking after and now I'm feeling incredibly selfish to go and have my op Tuesday. Really don't know what to do. She is home now and coping but it feels wrong to go off, although she says I should if I want to but that's mums for you. Plus had some problems with my daughter at school. Plus I've had to go get some emergency physio on my knee again as it has swollen up so bad I can barely walk, it's an old injury that flares up now everytime I do any exercise at all and made worse by my weight... it never rains.

So sorry to hear about your mum! What a shock that must have been. So glad she's ok :)
I can't tell you whether or not to go ahead, it must be an incredibly hard decision to make........but your mum does sound like a fighter to me :)
Good luck with whatever you decide x

So so sorry to hear about your Mum triedeverything. I am glad she's ok. I hope you are ok too xxxx

Im sorry to hear about you mum hun but gladshe is recovering. Does she not have any friends or family members that can help??? Because the longer you put your op off the longer it will never happen and sounds like you need it as much as the next person hun. Sometimes you have got to take a step back and think of yourself xx

Prayers and best wishes for you and your family. I hope your Mum recovers soon.
Don't feel guilty if you go ahead and have your op. You won't be away from your family for too long and once you recover you can do all you can for your Mum :)

Babe,

You need to do this for you because it will make you fitter, healthier and mentally stronger to deal with all this sh*te.
You will be back on your feet in a few days and ready to give your time to mum and daughter.
Good luck. Thinking of you
:)x

It sounds's like your mum is on the mend, please think of yourself as well, l am pre op and have learnt that l now have to think about what is best for me, l have always put everyone else first and since starting this wls journey l am beginning to learn that sometimes l must come first. Wishing your mum a speedy recovery and that you do what you think is best.x

Hiya Hun, Sorry to hear about your mam, God it must of been terrible, when you found out. Some think like this always shakes you up. am so pleased she's back home and on the mend.

But like what Mrs Df says. you will feel loads fitter, healthier and mentally stronger. but there's only you who can decide. but am sure your mam would want you going ahead with the opp. Good luck with whatever you decide x

if it wasn't this terrible incident then what might be the next reason for not going through with it. whilst I wish your mother all the best I am sure like all mothers, of which she is one, we want our children to be healthy and outlive us. this op will give you that opportunity as after you will reap the benefits. good luck whichever way you go.

Angela

Thank you, thank you what lovely kind people you are.

I have spent the day with her, got her shopping in and looked after her and she really is looking and feeling a lot better, the bruising is so awful though, it's quite dreadful, massive purple swelling across her arms and chest. But she can walk around ok gently and get to bed ok. I've bought her quite a few ready meals so she doesn't have to cook.. oh and a massive box of Milk Tray *jealous*.

But all being well it looks like I can go ahead with my op now.. my knee is so painful I've been in tears with it. And I've got a huge gig tomorrow with a knee I can barely stand on and 5 days on the milk diet. I'm sure it will be brilliant fun just wish I felt more normal. Roll on the post op feeling better stage quick! xx

Back