• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im suffering a lot of pain 3 days post op...help

toornai

Help help...Please help, advice or re-assure me someone.
I'm new to this WLS.com so hope I’ve asked this in the correct place. I’m male aged 54.
I had my gastric sleeve operation on Thursday 29th March (only 3 days ago) after the operation I suffered extreme pain from the inflation of my belly but that pain is now slowly going day by day but I am still big and inflated. Yesterday (Saturday) when I left hospital my trousers were 4-5inches too small to fit me round my waist where I was so blown up.
The pain that is concerning me is the sharp stabbing pain it feels like my belly is going to rip open when I stand up or try to walk. This pain is about 4 inches to the left of by belly button and up a little bit. The pain is not on the surface like the cut is pulling, the pain is from inside. It’s so bad I can hardly stand up or walk. I was let home on Saturday afternoon only 48 hours after my operation. My NHS hospital stay was not good as I felt I wasn’t receiving any care. The first night was good but thereafter care was practically non-existent. I’m now getting looked after better at home. I can’t seem to get rid of the wind lower down. I can burp ok, and now drink ok and have just gone onto clear soups, milk and anything basically without lumps or bits. I have no pain at all when I am sat down relaxed. What do you think? Is this pain normal, will it go away in a day or so. Can someone please assure me? I was prescribed morphine when I wanted it in hospital but they sent me home with only paracetamol and ibuprofen "FOR CHILDREN" I’m 54! These don’t seem to kill the pain at all. I don’t mind suffering the pain if I know it will go soon or should I be conserned.
looking forward to your replies. Ian X

Hi Ian

Sorry that you are feeling in such pain. I did have to take regular pain killers for about a week after I got home from hospital, pain mainly on the left side near to the largest incision. I took normal paracetamol and that did help and the pain lessened a bit each day.

If you are at all worried I would contact your team, as everyone is different its difficult to say whats normal or not. Hope things get better soon x

Sounds like pain from the inner stitching below your largest wound where they remove the stomach....see you posted this a couple of days ago so hope the pain has eased up a bit now.

Hi Ian, I'm guessing that by now you are feeling a bit better, but if not you need to speak to your team for some professional input & reassurance. It sounds like deep muscle trauma to me & I suffered from this for around 6 weeks, especially when trying to bend over ... but it did go away & I just took pain meds to cope in the early days. Hope you are OK when you read this & welcome to the forum xx :wave_cry:

Hope the pain has passed, i had the same op at the same hospital and had pain for a few days but walking helped.
3 weeks post op i was swimming again but did not have much wind pain, have you tried windeze ???
Glad your all done Ian, was nice to meet you, hope to see you at the next meeting :)

Back