• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS LADIES

lindy62

Well it is to me any way, I'm having a sleeve on 29th June ,6 days time, what happens if it's that time of month. I'm worried sick because I was due to turn last thursday and still nothing, don't know if it's because i'm worried about surgery, but what happens if it comes just in time for the big day, this is really making me panic more about this than it is about the operation itself. PLEASE PLEASE let it of happened to someone else on here so they can answer my question, there's also the added stress of this affecting my weightloss for my pre-op diet aswell. My pre=op is not till thursday and I go in for surgery on friday OMG stressssssssssssss , any help please. :eek:

lindy62

It won't be a problem lots of people have the same thing. Try to get some cotton knickers so you can keep them on and just let your team know.

It's not a problem at all - I was on my last day, I told the nurse and the other nurse that I walked down to theatre with, they let me keep my cotton knickers on :) I was happy about that anyway as I didn't want to wear those sexy netted or paper knickers lol :)

Oh dear, you all got away lightly. I had no choice of keeping knickers on, it was paper knickers plus pad ( really ?????) or tampon.

It just added to my joy that day, on the plus side, not had the next one yet and am 5.5 weeks post-op ;)

Oh dear, you all got away lightly. I had no choice of keeping knickers on, it was paper knickers plus pad ( really ?????) or tampon.

It just added to my joy that day, on the plus side, not had the next one yet and am 5.5 weeks post-op ;)

They made you do that? God I did get away lightly!

I was horrified I wasn't allow to wear anything. i wasnt allowed to wear my bra either when i questioned it they just said you havent got anything we havent seen before :( I suppose it may have been different if it was the time of the month. There's also a tablet your gp can give you that can delay it, its call norethisterone. Ive had it in the past but to be honest it does seem worse when it does come and made me irregular. You're probably best just telling them if it comes along at the same time as your op. Good luck and all the best x

I was the same hun 2nd day in. and I was told just to use a pad. good luck with your opp x

Lightening does strike twice, second time it's happened for me for surgery. Bet it's happened to the hospital staff gazillions of times. Nowt to be embarrassed about ;)

I have stress incontinence and wear tena ladies. i toldstaff at sunderland royal and they let me wear my own cotton pants and pads soi dont think it would be a problem good luck

Do they catheterise you when have procedure?

Thank god! :)

At sunderland they don't because they want u up asap after surgery and walking. Also regards knickers Sunderland let us keep ours on, just with added TED stockings and surgical gowns. While they were putting me under the nurse was very good saying we keep this covered etc:)

Thanks ladies for all your help, but it arrived this morning so hopefully I should be all finished by my surgery on Saturday, breathhhhhhhhhh, only hope it does'nt affect my weight loss too much for my last weigh in at pre-op appointment on Thursday. Now I'm excited.

lindy62 :thankyou:

haha good luck hun, Hope all goes well with your opp x

I was on my monthly when I had my op! They just had me keep on panties during the op no problem! :) I was nervous about it too but it was no big deal.

Hi ladies, just a quick question, mine is due on the day of my op, and I was wondering, after the op I'll need to inject blood thinning medicine, will this affect my periosteum?

Back