• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op worries

nikki f

Just scoured through some threads and I'm having a panic up now that I haven't done my pre op for long enough!!!
I practised pre op in December and my nurse told me to stop after 3 weeks do that I have the dramatic liver shrinkage at op time. I had lost a stone and slowly put it back on.
When my surgery was confirmed I was told to follow the pre op 2 weeks before op.
By the time of surgery I will have done 18 days on the pre op (no slip ups) as it is quite a broad range of things I'm allowed to eat just no carbs, no sugar and low fat.
Anyway I'm panicking now because I've been reading about people being on the pre op for 6 weeks or so and worried I haven't done enough aaaaargh!!!
There's just too much to worry about roll on Thursday so I can stop thinking so much!!!

If your team told you two weeks and you have stuck to it for two weeks then you will be fine. My pre-op was only two weeks and it was strict but I was allowed food. Some pct's do milk only, others do it other ways so don't worry about what anyone else was told to do, so long as you follow your teams advice you should be absolutely fine.

You will find the same with post op too, for instance I was on puree before I left hospital, others do liquids for a while then purees, each pct and each team within the pct is different.

My Pre op is 10 days milk only, started Saturday and finding it tough going, but like you find i think to much about everything, guess its normal to have these worries before and after. Good luck with your op.

Its important not to compare yourself with others and their requirements. As long as you've followed the advice and guidelines from your provider, then there's no need to worry!

I did a 14 day pre op too............sure you will be fine. Good luck. It's all downhill from here (in a good way!!!). lol

I have to do four weeks but think it depends on your hospital, Bmi and whether you have other health issues... So you really can't compare yourself with others. Good luck to you x

Back