• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In Hospital...

Mrs Quiggle

... with my son, bless him. He has acute tonsilitus the Dr was shocked when we went back a week after he had antibiotics for it as they hadn't worked and they'd got worse. He sent us straight to St. Georges in Tooting and they kept him in. He can't eat anything or drink so has been on IV antibiotics, fluids, steroids and painkillers and today the results of his blood test came back and it showed he also has glandular fever. Poor thing was up most of last night in pain and was sick this morning. Thankfully this evening he's managed some ice cream and soup and is having some drinks too so I'm praying that they let us home tonight. 3 nights on the ward with him and little sleep is not a good thing :rolleyes: Poor little babies screaming all night and machines making noises, feel so sorry for all the other Mums here. The staff couldn't be lovelier though and there's a kitchen where we can make tea and coffee and make our own food etc. Can't fault the care here at all.

Thankfully Tim brought my laptop in for me this evening after work so after reading 3 books on my kindle I have something else to occupy myself with. I've been very good food wise and had plenty of excersise going from the 5th floor right across the hospital to the M&S coffee shop for my skinny lattes:D

Kate x

Sorry to hear, this is a horrid illness it runs in my family. Hope he recovers and starts eating eating and drinking soon.

Poor little guy, hope he's feeling better soon.
((hugs))
Em xxx

So sorry to hear about your son.. Being in hospital with a sick child is never easy, you feel so helpless.. Hope he is feeling better today, and they let you take him home xxx

awww bless hope he is feeling better very soon xx

Aww hope you're son is feeling better soon. Big huggs darling xxx

Ditto. Hope he is back up and running again soon x

oh love his heart :( hope he recovers quickly :) xxx

Thanks everyone. He was allowed home today as long as he could eat something solid at lunch time. Had to wait from 12.30 till 5.30 for his meds to arrive but we got home aroundd 6pm. He's tired and achey but eating ok and pleased to be back again. xxx

Poor little lad - what a horrible painful thing for him. Hope things improve enough for you to go home real soon - nothing like your own bed to help you feel a bit better. xx

You must be so relieved to be in your own home again with him mrs quiggle!!! He will recover now in leaps and bounds I'll bet. Children always seem to do better at home rather than in hospital.. xx

Back