• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain in lower left side

j0anne

Anyone else have a constant almost stitch type pain in the lower left side its not near the incisions and if I bend or lay on it twist turn or fart it kills!...I put down every ache to getting over the Op lol..and I am a wuss but this is painful
jo

I was fine out of bypass then week 2 i started get pain in my side, rolling up to my ribs and reaching my shoulder. Almost took my breath away at times. When i rang my team they said it would be wind as they fill you full of gas, they said give it another couple of weeks and if no better we will bring you in to check you over. So i would just ring you team and ask, i does sound like what i had but its worth ringing to find out chick x

I am suffering with the same pain like a stitch pain I am seeing the nurse on Wednesday and will let you know what is said also I am a year out of surgery only 1.1/2 stone to target weight so wonder if its surplus skin so glad someone else has it similar thought I was just being daft

thanks for getting back to me its def no wind... its just there lower left grrrr ill find out soon I guess and good luck both of you

I had the lower left side stitch like pain... I just needed a good poo.. It tended to come after I had eaten and only lasted a few weeks.

Went to see the nurse tonight she said to see my gp or to contact my surgeon so going to ask surgeon as it may be due to the bypass

I have had a on and off (mostly on) stitch in my side since I came out of surgery on Thursday too. I am reassured to know it's not just me. The bariatric nurse did say it was fairly common but definately nice to know i'm not alone! x

Try to lie on you stomach it does help and if it is wind that definitely helps, could be you have been eating or drinking in gulps without noticing and creating wind pockets, I suffere from bowel colic the docs gave me buscopan when it starts I take that. I have notice dif I have 2 or 3 dyas on white bread I need buscopan for a few days, onc eover I would have had activia yoghurts but the fat free are laden with sugar I stick to ww now xx

Back