• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IN PAIN

please ask them marge as my mam was sat rocking in so much pain and the gabapentin made such a difference. and the tramadol is morphine based.

liz x

best wishes

liz x

I was told by my GP that Tramadol is Synthic and made as a synthic form of morphin and less addictive. I sometimes take Tramadol or Oramorph that is Morphin based and I can tell the difference. I can see how some could become addict to it.

Hi Hope
Yeah I`v tried all them tablets but still doesn`t work . I don`t take them tablets all the time just when the pain is really bad . I`m also on co-dydramol 500mg and paracetamol 500mg but I may as well take M&Ms the good they do me . Thanks hun .
MARGARET XX

Hi Margaret,

Sorry to keep going on but please tell me you are not taking these tablet together? They all contain Paracetamol which has already can be dangerous.

good luck tomorrow marge, let us know how you get on x

I hope your gp can offer you some help tomorrow

you could ask if they run a pain management course/ clinic at your surgery - a friend of mine went on a course at our surgery and found it very helpful

Hi Everybody
Well I was at the Doctors and he told me to take 2 Co-codamol every 4 hours and no more than 8 in 24 hours till next week and if they don`t work he is going to put me on them patches Buprenorphine Transdermal Patches . Liz he said that Tramadol aren't as strong as the Co-codamol and I asked him about Gabapantin and he said they are for a different pain . Well lets hope these work or I`ll be on the patches . Take care .
MARGARET XX

i hope they work for you marge and ease your pain x

Hello Margaret, sorry to hear you are in pain I sympathise with you because I suffer 24/7 too.
Gabapantin is for nerve pain hun I take the sister one its a new one called Lyrica.
The patches I think will be good for you, I actually had Fentanyl patches before and they were changed every 3 days I am going to ask to have them again If Im lucky enough to be accepted for surgery rather than take the pain meds I take at the moment (Oxycontin and Oxynorm) the meds I take at the moment are good but might not be good to take if I have surgery. Also Celebrex is a good anti- inflammatory it is gentle on the stomach and is an arthritic pain medication.
Someone mentioned asking for a referal for pain managment? That is a good idea, I belong to one I have to go every 3 weeks Im looked after very well, they will certainly get you on good regular medication.
Best wishes xx

I too have multi joint osteo arthritis and I too have trouble with the pain especially bad last week due to it being so hot, but the high pressure causes more pain for us arthritics.
Like you Margaret I know I need something stronger now GP keeps putting me off as I have terrible stomach pain and have just healed an ulcer due to the meds another major problem but will have to have something else.
Good to hear what works for others
I too have been to an 8 week pain management course, and although they didnt really tell me anything I didnt know, they did help me pace myself better as being a nurse I have always being used to rush rush rush, and have tried to keep going whatever sometimes not for my own good. It was also nice to be with people who suffered with chronic pain and who understood, so it was a good experience.
Hope you get sorted Margaret will be thinking of you

Jay xx

Back