• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still in pain

julieann

well ive just spent the last two hours crying with the pain from this bloody trapped wind in my left shoulder. i can actually feel it grumbling in my stomach but cant shift it. i have taken windeze gel caps, windeze chewable tablets, gripe water,pepermint tea and heat pad and nothing has shifted it and to make things worse, the pain worsens everytime i drink and ive now got to the stage where i dread drinking anything. I'm sorry to moan on, but this has got to have been the worst day that i have had since the op last week and it has really pulled me down. I am at my wits end and very down. :cry:

Poor you Julieann I dont know what else to recommend as I never suffered with it.....have you asked at the chemist if you tell them about the op they may be able to recommend something else chick...((hug))...xx

thanks linda, i will probably go to the chemist tomorrow morning or may even go to see my doctor and see if i can get any stronger pain relief, i just cant believe that i am suffering so much, i could understand it a bit more if the pain was coming from the actual wounds but ive had no pain there at all from day one. I just hope i can keep my fluid intake up because if i dont i'm gonna end up getting de-hydratated which i dont want either, omg am i miserable or what!

That darned trapped wind, it is weird how some REALLY suffer:sigh:. I had issues but not as much as you but you are not alone. Some on here have really had a time of it:(

Have you tried changing the temp of what you're drinking (make things colder or hotter or even room temp), that has helped some. Also are you getting up and moving around? I know you feel so poorly that it is the last thing you want to do but it does help with wind, I swear.

Take care and let us know how you get on, if you get any suggestions from your chemist or doc let us know. Thinking of you and wishing you better!:wave_cry:

thanks linda, i will probably go to the chemist tomorrow morning or may even go to see my doctor and see if i can get any stronger pain relief, i just cant believe that i am suffering so much, i could understand it a bit more if the pain was coming from the actual wounds but ive had no pain there at all from day one. I just hope i can keep my fluid intake up because if i dont i'm gonna end up getting de-hydratated which i dont want either, omg am i miserable or what!

Your not miserable your in pain and wind pain is really horrible to have.....keep us posted and I am sure you can catch up on your fluids, I struggled to get something down me that I liked and I have been ok and now making up for it....xx

my husband has just been reading on another site about the effects of this trapped wind after laparascopic surgery and it says that it can take five to six weeks to clear from the body and people have been known to be pescribed opiates for the pain, and also how underestimated the pain is, well i can certainly agree with that but dare not even think about maybe suffering like this for the next month not only that it doesnt make you feel any better to think that i have paid a lot of money to feel like this

My friend found that lying with her head lower than her body for 15mins every couple of hours helped. her husband even moved into the spare bedroom and raised the foot of the bed for her by putting it on some bricks. she also took regular pain killers just paracetomol which also helped.
Hope it passed soon
HC

my husband has just been reading on another site about the effects of this trapped wind after laparascopic surgery and it says that it can take five to six weeks to clear from the body and people have been known to be pescribed opiates for the pain, and also how underestimated the pain is, well i can certainly agree with that but dare not even think about maybe suffering like this for the next month not only that it doesnt make you feel any better to think that i have paid a lot of money to feel like this

hi julie

gas pain differs in ppl, when they do the op they blow us up like a balloon so they can do the op, some surgeons fail to tel there patients of this process, the best advice i can give u is to get up move about as much as possible as the more u move the quicker the gas will diperse. I hope u feel better soon

liz x

hi julie
i can sympathise with you all the way.. i had this awfull pain for a long while and even ended up in hospital as couldnt cope with it.. i had some great painkillers to bring home with me and touch wood it hasnt returned..
i was the same as you, as the pain was that bad nothing would fix it or shift it.
get some pain relief that is stronger hun and it will take the edge of it
emma

hope your feeling a bit better today juliann moving was only thing that shifted mine i do get more wind when i drink hot drinks tho for some reason so it may beworth oting if what your drinking is making it worse

morning all, well yesterday was a lot better than friday, and even though i had a little pain from the trapped wind i could cope with it, so hopefully it may be starting to ease now (touch wood), but anyway after suffering so much on friday and having no aftercare package, because i went with wga, i rang the wls group and paid for their aftercare package, because at least i know now that if i have anymore problems in the coming months there is somebody at the end of the phone and i think that thats peace of mind in itself. So next sunday i'm off to london to meet wendy stubbs for a consultation.

Back