• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise Bike

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Has anyone else got or use an exercise bike.

I have just done 30 mins on mine as I can't get out on my bike today :(, and my legs feel like jelly as though I have done 100 miles.

I can be 90 mins on my push bike no problem at all, but this bike has taken it out of me,and I had it on a low setting at well lol

Guess I need more training if I am going to be able to do a 50 mile bike ride for charity lol

I use one, generally keep it to a low setting but try for 30 mins, though it's not tired legs that make me get off, it's the uncomfortable saddle, and right now I have plenty of personal padding, not quite sure how I'll cope when that starts to go.

I'm no exercise guru so probably like trying to tell me granny how to suck eggs :S

Anyway have you thought that when you are on exercise bike you are constantly pedalling possibly on the same level. When on your bike outside you get a little breathers in between little distances unless you constantly use too low or too high gears :)

I used to be wrecked on exercise bike and legs like jelly after half an hour session but found when outside on a bike it was easier than I thought and could cycle for miles.

Just a thought from a current couch potato lol

Yeah I had thought about that, and I also think the gear ratio is higher as even on the lowest setting on the exercise bike, its alot tougher than my medium gears on my push bike, oh well, best i set myself a winter challenge then lol

I think the exercise bike is probably a good build of strength and stamina to help you when your out in the real biking world as well. Can't wait til I get the bite for exercise :) enjoy x

I have an exercise bike but I struggle with doing 10 mins on it as it hurts my knee so its sat in the corner gathering dust. I was told my knee will be less painful once I get weight off it, if its true I will be aiming to do 30mins on my bike every day :)

i used to have an exersise machine, when i told my daughter i was getting rid of it she said "oh no! where are we gonna put our coats?! hahahahaha

I did a whle 3 mins on one at the gym Friday evening and its upset my knee big time :( will stick to t/mill and
x trainer for now.

I have an exercise bike that has become a coat hanger for my kids but look forward to going on it soon. My trouble is the saddle as its very uncomfortable when peddling for a while.
I did buy a wii game last night... I think it's called something like " Personal trainer " or something.... It looks okay and being that you can Do it in your own home is most appealing ! Mind you... I started to sweat when I saw the cover of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mind you... I started to sweat when I saw the cover of it lol

Steady now open it VERY slowly......and breath in .....and out

:8855: :8855:

I have an exercise bike but I struggle with doing 10 mins on it as it hurts my knee so its sat in the corner gathering dust. I was told my knee will be less painful once I get weight off it, if its true I will be aiming to do 30mins on my bike every day :)
Hi, my knees have improved since the op. No longer so painful and they dont click as loud when going upstairs!!

I've had my motorised treadmill now for 2wk and so far novelty hasn't worn off.built up 10mins jogging on it...sounds pathetic doesn't it! I just cranked speed up a bit tonight n now in the bath soaking what feels like achey legs!! Lol x

Back