• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In the paper but a little apprehensive

Mixman

OK, I'm in the paper. My dad has rung and is very excited, apparently it's nearly a full page article in colour.

Mickie is half the man he was - and feeling twice as good - The Star

What I am a little overawed with at the moment is that he's had a reporter ring him already wanting more information about me and I've had a woman send me a Facebook message saying

"I would love to feature your story, and I would be able to get you a payment of £300-£500 for a paper, and a further £300-£500 for a magazine"

I really don't understand what the fuss is about! But then this is just what I'm like generally. I don't understand it all as I don't realise what I've achieved still! Big massive shrug of the shoulders!

Woo hoo - you is famous!

Can I have your autograph ? ;)

Fiver! xx

Awww well done.. you should be very proud. You have accomplished a LOT in over a year.. :) xx

That's what the problem is, I don't know what I have achieved still. Maybe it's because I still think I'm a big person that, mentally, I am not accepting the changes yet.

well maybe u should do a checklist.. according to the paper reports.. i quote..
1). 'cycled an average of 30 miles per day as he covered 3,443 miles in the saddle.'
2). 'he raised £498 for charity by riding 38 miles from Humber Bridge to York Minster.'
3). 'My waist was 58 and now is 36. I was in 8Xl tops and now I'm just XL.'
HELLO!! lol... i bet the list goes on... and i bet u feel a lot healthy... :).. give yourself some credit...

Go for it Mixman you deserve it, think of all the new clothes money can buy, or is that just a womans thought, i love new clothes

A brilliant story Mixxy and a pleasure to know you... you are certainly in the right paper indeed... 'The Star'... proud of you and you will light the way for others to follow for certain!

Love and hugs to you as always xxx

wow mixxie thats great, and you ARE a big person, but a big person in a small body, you have a fantastic personality. its great to see a really positive newspaper report for once. just dont forget your friends when you're famous, lol, big hugs xx

:eek: You don't know what the fuss is all about...!!!!:eek:

Just have another read of that article...you should be SO proud of yourself for all you've accomplished, especially as you are now taking the time to encourage others.

I hope this leads to something really good for you.

Awww Im filling up here! I remember you when you wasnt famous! ;)
Well done, you are such an inspiration! I hope you are proud of what you have achieved because Im proud of you (HUG) XX

Good for you Mixman, go for it you deserve it a lot of folks out there think surgery is a easy option but its far from the truth be nice for you to put your story across.All the best

congratz - u have achieved so much and u will inspire a lot of other people to do the same. i suppose it takes us yrs to put the weight on so when we take it off, our heads have to catch up

Mickie, that is a fabulous story, so very positive and no hint of negativity. Way to go dude <<<doffs cap>>>

Back