• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jo's - WLS '0oops n Downs' both 'Pre-op n beyond' - My life begins over !!

kernow jo

Hi my name is Jo and I have my first consultation for WLS on the 27th February with a bariatric nurse, eeeeekkkkk !!

I am going to the private Duchy hospital in Truro Cornwall and the consultant will be Mr Finlay. I already know Mr Finlay as he repaired my bowel after a womb and bowel perforation went undiagnosed during an ERPC operation (
to remove the remains of my 4th failed pregnancy). Also later he repaired an incisional hernia, both as an Nhs patient, in 2009/11.

I have researched WLS for many years and have finally got the funds to go private. I am excited to be starting my journey and am so keen to get started I have just started on meal replacement shakes to try to get as healthy as possible pre - surgery. I am limited exercise wise as I have Fibromyalgia and ME but am going to start to increase my daily steps by doing 'little but often' each day.

After my bowel perforation in 2009 I had peritinitus, septis and developed a pulmonary embulisum. Also I ended up needing a incisional hernia repair. This is believed to of triggered the Fibromyalgia and ME.

Having lost nearly Nine Stone by exercising and a strict pre-op diet, prior to my large hernia repair, I have had a taste of what its like to be a lot slimmer and know what it is like to feel healthier. This however was short lived as I became almost immobile with the Fibromyalgia and over the years I have regained the weight :(.

Now I am ready to take stock and sort my weight issues out for good!! No more yo-yo diets, No more lose it / gain it / lose it / gain it ......................... I want my health back, and to be a healthy mummy for my seven year old who I was blessed with after four losses :)

I am extremely lucky to have a supportive hubby and some close family members to help me along the way, but would like to use this space to write my thoughts, achievements and share with you day to day 'Ooops and Downs'.

Today life begins over! :)

Jo xx

Last edited:
Good luck! I have fibro among other things and have definitely felt improvements to my health as I have lost weight. I've gone from being house bound a lot of the time to much more active as it sounds like you found previously too. It sounds like you have a realistic idea of what you could expect after surgery x

Good luck! I have fibro among other things and have definitely felt improvements to my health as I have lost weight. I've gone from being house bound a lot of the time to much more active as it sounds like you found previously too. It sounds like you have a realistic idea of what you could expect after surgery x
Thanks hun, its good to hear you have experienced improvements in your health. Can't wait to have my appointment on Monday. Looking at you weight stats, you have done really well :) xxx

Last edited:
I am looking forward to getting stuck into this new read. I am waiting for Weightloss Surgery for Dummies to arrive but in the mean time I will swot up on some post surgery advice and recipes

Attachments

• 1487872262694-773238331.jpg
    1487872262694-773238331.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 3
Great new, I have my surgery date 14th June :)

My surgeon is not sure which surgery I am having until he has a look at what my insides look like. He says I may well have adhesions from previous bowel surgery and also have a large mess insertion from a hernia repair a few years ago. These will complicate surgery and dictate the end result. So its a case of going in and hoping for the best outcome. EXCITED :):)

Had my surgery 14th June 2017. Ended up with a Sleeve as the surgeon said my stomach was too difficult to do a bypass.

My sleeve is working well and I am now 14 weeks from surgery and have lost 3st 5lbs :)

I am extremely happy with everything so far and cant wait to continue this amazing journey.

Jo x

Last edited:
Had my surgery 14th June 2017. Ended up with a Sleeve as the surgeon said my stomach was too difficult to do a bypass.

My sleeve is working well and I am now 14 weeks from surgery and have lost 3st 5lbs :)

I am extremely happy with everything so far and cant wait to continue this amazing journey.

Jo x

Sounds like you’re doing fantastic :)

I’m almost 11 weeks out from my sleeve and I’m down 3st 1lbs since the morning of surgery. I’m also very happy. So good to hear from somebody that has had a sleeve at a similar time to me and is having the same experience.

X

Sounds like you’re doing fantastic :)

I’m almost 11 weeks out from my sleeve and I’m down 3st 1lbs since the morning of surgery. I’m also very happy. So good to hear from somebody that has had a sleeve at a similar time to me and is having the same experience.

X
Well done hun, that's a great achievement too :).

I Love my sleeve and am so pleased I did this. I paid for my surgery but its been worth every penny.

This week I stayed the same weight for the first time since surgery. It has made me wobble a bit but I haven't done anything different so just need to carry on and see what happens I guess. xx

I Love my sleeve and am so pleased I did this. I paid for my surgery but its been worth every penny.

This week I stayed the same weight for the first time since surgery. It has made me wobble a bit but I haven't done anything different so just need to carry on and see what happens I guess. xx

It is hard! I’m already learning not to weigh too often as it can get disheartening. I think we just need to remember that it is going to slow right down and enjoy the journey instead of wishing the time away, which I know I’m doing sometimes. Xx

Stalls are common and some of us found they were the weeks our bodies changed most. Don't get disheartened. x

Back