• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ineed serious kick up the arse!!!

jen1805

In the past few weeks I have been recommended for surgery, now awaiting funding. Lost a very old friend at the age of 35 and went to her funeral yesterday and completely lost my way.

I was sat here last night stuffing my face with comfort food, sausages, eggs, chips, beans and white bread and butter followed by home made cake and wine!!! When it hit me like a brick wall, WTF am I doing to myself, I haven't been near the gym or scales in 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like crap again.

I really thought finding out I was almost 26st 6 moths ago was the shock I needed, obviously not :( but I sat here last night and realised I really am my own worst enemy I had just been to the funeral of someone that was bulimic and had serious alcohol problems, and here I am with 4 kids the youngest under 2 eating myself to death, THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

Today is a new day, as a major kick start I am trying the milk diet on the basis that if I can eat full stop then I can't over eat. I am going to do it for 2 weeks initially and see how I get on.

Sorry for waffling but needed to get it of my chest and crack on, thanks guys this forum is amazing, truly inspirational xxx

I think your post is really brave x food is our friend and our demon, you need to choose an activity to do instead of comfort eating, good luck xxx

Thanks Niccie, I have decided i'm taking my demons by the throat lol, I hate to be beaten on any level so food will not beat me, I may have lost yet another battle but I will win this war. I want my kids to be proud of me have photos of me and generally have fun with me, there is only one way I can make sure I can do all this and its loosing weight and keeping it off, the sooner I hear about funding and get this flaming op the better lol. xxx

Sorry for your loss hun, at the end of the day you are grieving so don't beat yourself up too much. It's important to recognise when your coping mechanisms are skewed to food but not so much to add to your pain.

Take care of you. Hugx

Thank you, I'm all good now, my head is going back in the right direction, but bloody hell I could eat a scabby horse lol ? roll on day 3 as I'm really hoping what I've read about hunger going is true lol xxx

Back