• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

infected incission.

lyndajoan

has any one sufferd an infections in their incisions mine is in the main one on the left, it is ozzing a milky substance and it has started hurting alot when i move, i have also got the runs and i am sleeping alot which i think is because of this i only went to see the so called nurse at murrayfield to have my staples out yesterday and she redressed it not really taking note that i had told her i have had to redress this incission 4 times in one day with the warter proof plasters they give you because of leaking. i am just fed uo and dont know what to do if i had a car i would be to my walk in by now.

I didn't have any problems with my incisions and my surgeon was very insistent that the dressing weren't touched for two weeks.

If you are having that much oozing that you need to change them you should contact the doctors to get it checked out...the last thing you need to be concerned about is getting an infection...give them a ring, it will put your mind at rest if nothig else :)

I changed mine daily but did need a course of antibiotics for one wound which started to reject the staples, when u got the infection I started to let the wound air for about an hour each day this semt to clear it up a little faster xx

yes i also changed mine, but when i went to get my staples out i explained to the so called nurse about having to change this wound on the left more tham 3 times a day, to which she put on some steri strips and a bigger dressing which is full now and i am in terrible pain with it, this is the last thing i need. she never gave me any dressings to change the wound and i havent got none and i am scared of catching mor infection if i take this wet one off i just dont know what to do???????

i had a slight infection in one of my wounds aswell.. i went to see my own gp and i was put on a course of antibiotics... it cleared up after a few days xx go and see you doc hun xx

ig you know its infected and have symptoms of an infection then you MUST see your doc and if that isnt going to be today id be going down to A&E now...you say the dressing she put on today is full? alarm bells would be ringing for me....go to a&e x

Go to a & e hun !!!! don't mess with infections it can become life threatening xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

getting a lift first thing tommorrow i knw i wont neglect this i could not and would not do that to myself. just wanted to know if any one has been through this i have just finished a course of antibiotics from murrayfield just after my op for a chest infection so i will still be coverd untill first thing. thanks for you reply they mean alot at this time. xxxx

i hope they sort you out tomorrow, let us know what they say xx

Hope they give u something 2help u 2moz Hun (((big hugs)))) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had an infection in one of my incisions. It cleared up really quickly with antibiotics and lots of dressing changes. I found it quite worrying but once the antibiotics kicked all was well as I'm sure it will be for you. Ax

good morning i have been to my local walk in and sen a nurse practitioner and she has cleaned the wound and put more steri strips on followed by an iodine dressing to keep it strile then something else followed by a warter proof one, she gave me 2 more of the outer dressing and told me to take paractemol for my high temp, and as i have not long ago finished a course of antibioticsshe is not going to prscribe any and i have got to go see my doctor first thing tommorrow. still feeling sore around that area apart from that as of this moment i dont feel to depressed which has got to be a good thing, thanks for asking. xxxxx

Oh thats good, you want to catch these things before they get to bad. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy a lazy sunday. Hx

Glad u managed to see sum1 Hun n glad ur feelin a little better xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thanks agnes my wound has stop oozing as much but i still have pain like when i got up this morning i tried to stand nd i got a shap pain in it which holding the area seems to help so i look a right state holding my side stooped over when i try to get up, ha ha good job there is only me in the house.xxxxx

Back