• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

info on after pains from band please

Debbie1978

hiya I just had a band yesterday afternoon.llI have choosen the band as don't want weight and health problems when I am older .I am 34 and currently weigh 13stone3.could someone please advise me as to when the trapped gas will pass and the stab pain in the port hole please, thank you

hiya I just had a band yesterday afternoon.llI have choosen the band as don't want weight and health problems when I am older .I am 34 and currently weigh 13stone3.could someone please advise me as to when the trapped gas will pass and the stab pain in the port hole please, thank you

Hi Debbie I think mine was around day 5 that the wind pain eased. Sleep as upright as you can, move about as much as you can and keep taking painkillers and windeze x hope you are feeling better very soon x

The only pain relief they gave me was paracetamol solution.I have been taking my windeeze at home today and peppermint tea.but as I just gone six hours in between pain relief I am feeling it a lot just now.thank you for your info

It will vary, some people do not experience trapped wind pain or have pain from the port at all, some people have slight pains and some people have more painful effects and suffer from a lot of trapped wind.

If you're unsure about any pain and the painkillers given to you aren't helping, your first port of call will be your provider. Otherwise to help with wind pain try moving your arms in a gentle windmill motion, walking and moving around. I found boots own equivalent of deflatine helped, but so can peppermint tea or cordial.

Don't go 6 hours between your pain relief, for the first few days take it every four hours, that way, it doesnt allow the pain to really set in and the paracetemol will be enough if you take it regularly.

The only pain relief they gave me was paracetamol solution.I have been taking my windeeze at home today and peppermint tea.but as I just gone six hours in between pain relief I am feeling it a lot just now.thank you for your info

Hi Debbie I got solphadine max strength soluable which helped massively with the pain x

Wind is now starting to feel better.limited on bending over with movement. Voice seems to be getting worse rather than better barely makes a sound.thank you for asking

Wind is now starting to feel better.limited on bending over with movement. Voice seems to be getting worse rather than better barely makes a sound.thank you for asking

I promise you will feel a little better each day x can't remember having dodgy throat or voice though lol guess I was lucky x

You will go less due to having only liquids. However if you're finding that you're not going then take something for it - there's plenty of things that will just help you. I didnt allow it to go on for too long or to get to a place where it was painful, but use dulcoease (in a green and silver box) tiny tiny tablets so ok to take with a band, but gentle too.

Even now, months post op, with the high protein diet I follow and very low carbs, I take about one a week, normally mid week, but its enough and everything is fine.

Drink more water if you can that can help x

It'll sort itself out .. It was was ten days after the op before I went :eek: nothing really helped ... Less in = less out. Like topkat I have to have some help. But I don't like to take anything more than once a week ... Don't want to swap a weight problem for a laxative problem :rolleyes:

I had my op sat and I still havent gone poop but I dont feel I need too. Should I wait until I need one to take stuff or take it now xx

I had my op on a monday and went on the friday! I normally go every day so was really uncomfortable.

Drink more water, i took lactulose in the end and it did hurt when I finally went, was very hard! Sorry if TMI but I wasn't a happy bunny I can tell you. Was sweating and everything lol x

All ok now back to once a day ha ha x x

Back