• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Info please! Just starting out!

LondonIrish

Hi all. I've been lurking for a while and have recently joined the site as you all seem so lovely and supportive.

I have a question about referrals at UCLH. How long does it take from referral from your GP to get a letter from the hospital? And is the receptionist there nice? I'd like to call and check that my referral has arrived okay!. I've read some of your stories of delays and I'm learning from all of you, so thank you for that.

And finally, does anyone go to the bariatric support group there? I'm planning on going next month!

When I applied in 2010 I got an appointment at UCLH straight away, I went and met Dr Adamo the surgeon (who was lovely) but unfortunatly my funding was rejected by the PCT. :(

I had the go ahead from the surgeon though!

Good luck xxx

MoonCake xXx

I'm glad to hear the beginning of the process is so quick. Its horrid you were turned down. Are you going to try again?

Moon cake do they give u a reason why ur funding was rejected or do they just send u the awful letter x

Twinkle, they give you reasons.

My first rejection was because I don't have type 2 diabetes or severe sleep apnoea and second was because I hadn't been on a 6 month intensive diet x

MoonCake xXx

fingers crossed hunni xx

Back