• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Mini's I'm just starting out on my journey

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
Hi everyone, :wave_cry:

My good friend told me about this website and i've loved reading all your stories.

I went to the doctors to ask for referral for gastric bypass surgery on 6th Feb 09 and my appointment to see Dr Khan is on 6th March 09 at walsall manor.

I know my BMI will be above the required amount so i'm not worried about that, but is there anything else I should say or do when I get to the appointment?

Also for those who've dealt with walsall manor is there a normal time scale from first appointment to op??

I hope I can find this thread again to get your replies lol, its all new to me ha x

Thanks Twig (one day to be)

Hi Strawberry and welcome there is plenty of us on here who have and are in the prosess of going into Walsall Manor. There is also a group on here called the walsall posse with lots of info. I am 6 weeks post op and my journey was quick at 16 weeks from Dr to operation, but everyone has had different things go on

hi twig
i had my wls at hope hospital i dont know about the others it took from march 08 till jan 09 but in that time you go through a few tests so it does not seem that long it takes on average 12 months but it will go pretty quick good luck with it all and welcome by the way
alison xx

Hi Teen and Dazali

Thanks for your replies, but what a differance in wait times between you both, is that down to the hospital or medical issues??

I have an underactive thyroid but no other medical conditions altho if i dont get this done pretty damn soon I may not be so lucky.

Teen how come so quick? was you just lucky?

hi twig
i had mine done at the alex in cheadle. i went to my docs for a referral in september 08 recieved a letter from pct in october 08 to gain my permission to look into my case, i got appointment in dec 08 to see mr ammori (surgeon) and had the op jan 09. so all in all a very smooth quick journey. however everyone has a different tale to tell so it really does vary from pct to pct...good luck with your journeyx

Think I was just lucky I have no health issues Didnt have to go on weight management course like some people do. good luck on your journey

Hey Twiggy!!

This lovely lady is a very good friend of mine - so I hope you will all make her very welcome.

Twig, look for the thread entitled Walsall Manor Posse. Its a bit long (about 80 odd pages I think) so you might need a cuppa before you start, but if you read through that it will give you an idea of how long the walsall peeps have had to wait etc.

Once you have had your appointment at Walsall, they will apply for funding which is the lenghty waiting period that i am in at the moment - can take about 2 months. ONce funding in place I believe they have to operate within 18 weeks.

Im so glad you've joined the forum. You will find all the support you need on here xx

Hey Sam

ha ha i'm so glad you found me as everytime I click to look at something it says i dont have access to it lol.

I'l go look for that walsall posse page then.

x x x Twig

Ive just bumped it up for you hun so its at the top of the page now.

YOu need to get posting lots so that you can access everything. You need 50 posts to be able to do most things so get stuck in hun. Ask loads of questions. NOthing is too daft for the lovely peeps on here. They've heard it all before and no subject is off limits really x

Welcome to mini's Twig :) jump in and get to know everyone!

hi strawberry welcome to minis you will find that I am the sane one of the bunch the others are all as mad as march hares. Ask away where abouts are you from? Any questions just ask.

OMG Terri, Ive never heard such lies. You are going to have to go to confession this week lol.

Twig is from our neck of the woods but not sure yet how much info she wants to give away about herself so I'll let her fill in the details!

Think I was just lucky I have no health issues Didnt have to go on weight management course like some people do. good luck on your journey
hi just read your answer what weight management course do some people go on im at the start of my journey my drs app is on march the 4th! thanks alison

Back