• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help ! Please x

Billie.x

Hi guys.

So story so far went to docs in April asked for referral for nhs gastric band. Had to do weight management etc.
Referral got made few weeks ago and I used the choose and book service to book a appointment at Chalfont hospital on the 9th September for my consultation

Well today I received a call from my doctor saying that my appointment has been cancelled !!
I've spoken to them and they have no idea why, spoken to the hospital and they don't know the information either.

I rang choose and book to make a new appointment and the man said that on my file it says it's been referred back to my doctor and he needs to make another referral before I'm able to book another appointment ?

What does this all mean. Does it mean they have refused me for the surgery ???

I'm gutted this has happened. Was counting down to my appointment. :(:(

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Xx

Hi Billie

You must be so annoyed! I would phone up the GP and find out what is going on! Your stats suggest you should be entitled to the surgery, unless you have other co-morbs that the drs are not happy with. It is weird that you havent been able to see the consultant before it was declined.

So sorry you are having to go through this. Hope it works out for you. Let us know what the dr says.

I've spoken to the docs and they have no idea why, nobody does !! I'm gutted so upset just hate not knowing what's going on. Now I've got to wait for another referral and make another appointment :(

Aww bless ya hugs x x x Not sure what it all means either, don't leave it there tho get back to your gp and get another referral put in........ i'm sure it will come to light soon what has happened. There should be no reason to refuse you surgery just like that so see it as a wee blip which needs ironing out :) one thing i've learned in life' if its worth having its worth fighting for' :) wishing you all the best x x x x

Shame Hun! Try speaking to the weight management people again to see if a different person can give you an answer perhaps? How frustrating for you! :-( how long did you do weight management for?

I've done a 12 week weight management thing. Its just annoying that I had my appt for 9th Sept and was counting down the days, now its been cancelled and I have no date or no idea whats happening!!!

I would go private I can afford the finance re payments but I wont get accepted as I messed about with credit cards when I was younger and I have awful credit score,

Might have to just start saving :( :(

Sorry Billie! How annoying! I thought weight management though was a minimum of 12 months? Perhaps it's different in your area?

don't loose heart hunni, it took me a long 3 years to get my band on the NHS waiting and not knowing are normal lol use the time wisely research the procedures, put any new eating habits into practice and think positive, there has to be a reason, may just be as simple as a paperwork error. Get yourself booked in for appointment at docs and try try again x x x

I don't know, I went to a group thing every week, I've been trying to lose the weight for 5 years, its on docs records as I've had slimming pills from him a few years ago etc.

I am just bloody gutted. The lady at docs is going to look in to it further and get back to me.

x

Hi Billie
So sorry you have been put through this, ring the weight management team and see what's going on. You might have fell through the net. Keep fighting, and the best of luck with your journey.

Elaine

Hi
I'm devastated. Can't stop crying.
Had a call from docs and she said she's spoke to someone at the pct or cc something and they said basically no. Reason being as I'm seeing a dietitian that's teir 3 and that means I don't meet the guidelines.

I've asked my partner and dad if they would get a loan in their name for me and i will pay it and they both said no. I can afford it but I've got bad credit as I messed about with credit cards when I was younger.

My partner is just like oh you can just diet like normal people.

I'm devastated.

Oh Billie, my heart really goes out to you. Your family clearly don't understand what it's like to be feeling the way that you are feeling. Perhaps you need to have another chat with them and just be clear on how down you're feeling about all of this? :(

I'm not sure how it works referral wise but I just wanted to send you some hugs xxx

Hi I'm devastated. Can't stop crying. Had a call from docs and she said she's spoke to someone at the pct or cc something and they said basically no. Reason being as I'm seeing a dietitian that's teir 3 and that means I don't meet the guidelines. I've asked my partner and dad if they would get a loan in their name for me and i will pay it and they both said no. I can afford it but I've got bad credit as I messed about with credit cards when I was younger. My partner is just like oh you can just diet like normal people. I'm devastated.

I don't have anything to make you feel any better or make the situation as less awful. I'm so sorry you have found yourself stuck in this awful situation.

Thank you for your kind words xx

Oh Billie! That's awful! I don't understand.. Why would being on tier 3 stop you from getting or being entitled to surgery!?

Your family obviously don't understand but as the others have suggested either sit them down good and proper and explain just how much this means to you. Also you could try it yourself and ask for a loan from the bank - just try - you never know! (All you need is someone who's feeling a little hung over to be too tired to run a credit check!)

Another option is you can find places that will do the surgery AND the finance for you, have a browse about on the net.

Sorry Hun I don't know if any of this is helping - I hope things improve for you.

Please keep us posted! x

I have no idea why being on teir 3 affects it.
I've got a appt Monday to discuss it all do hopefully will she's some light.

Partner is against me getting in debt for it so it's really hard :(

X

Hi Billie
I am so sorry for you, I just don't know what to say.
Only thing I can suggest is go back to your Doctor, and get put back on to the 4Life weight Mangement ( New Name Since April 2014 )
With this you get a group sessions for 12 week with Dietitians and excise, but you have to see a Dietitian every 3 month for a year as well as the above, then this Dietitian sends you forward to the Bariatric team, while you are still seeing her / him.
Its worth a try, please don't give up.

Hope I have explained this ok, if not email Birdie01.

Best Wishes
Elaine

Back