• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

INFORMATION ABOUT BYPASS??

xnataliex

Hi all, i just wondered if anyone can tell me abit more about the gastric bypass, because i was thinkin of asking for the band, but alot of people keep telling me about the bypass and maybe i should go for that! i just wanted to know how different the bypass is and is the eating bit different to the band??

hope to hear from you soon x :wave_cry:

I think your suitability for the band and bypass largely depends on your size and eating habits. I am opting for the bypass as I love coke and sweet things but if you're a savoury person but just eat large portions then maybe the band would suit!!

Good luck with your decision and journey!!

It all depends on your eating habits as mentioned above.

I wanted to have a band originally, but I was kidding myself because it was the cheaper option (I went private).

The professionals are there to help you make that decision when you see them :)

Good luck

xxx

Why dont you start by reading "Weight loss surgery for dummies?" It explains all of the options with pros and cons.

:) xxx

Hi, don't forget there's also the sleeve.
All opps are different, the band and the sleeve you have to work with, the bypass you don't because you can't eat any fattening things with it. All opps take away the hunger.
You will be given enough time and info to make your mind up .
Sue

Hi, don't forget there's also the sleeve.
All opps are different, the band and the sleeve you have to work with, the bypass you don't because you can't eat any fattening things with it. All opps take away the hunger.
You will be given enough time and info to make your mind up .
Sue

Sorry but I disagree with this, you still have to work with the bypass. A lot of people can still eat high fat, and not everyone gets dumping syndrome with high sugars. Also, if you eat too many carbs etc then your weight loss can stop with the bypass.

All the options take work and dedication. The best thing is to discuss your personal eating habits and willpower with the surgeon and let them guide you.

What Shell and not-so-small-bean said ...;)

Back