• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

information please xx

freddysmum

ve been to see my doctor today after putting on nearly 5 stone in 6 months...i assumed it was to do with pill as it started after changing pill so today hes changed it but i asked him if there was any help i could get with losing weight as i had tried all diets including a hypnotic gastric band and failed miserably...hes referred me to dietician and to local gym but he did say if necessary i could be referred for surgery and its a 2 month wait for consultation then only a couple of months wait for surgery.(im in lincolnshire)...
could anyone tell me what bmi etc i would have to be and what i have to try first to go down this avenue as i am so desperate to rid myself of my excess weight..
thank you all for help and for reading this
karen xx

Hi there and welcome,

The BMI depends on your local pct, for instance here in N Yorkshire it is 50 assuming you have no other issues like high blood pressure sleep apnea etc.

Maybe the new pill he has prescribed may be one you find you can diet more sucessfuly with.

I am sure someone will come along here shortly and give you the info for your area.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I looked on the BOSPA website ( British obesity surgery patient association) and all it states for Lincolnshire that the information is awaited....

Hello and welcome... i'd heard it was 50+ BMI, but it varies from county to county... best to check with your PCT to be absolutely sure.

Good luck to you on your journey xxx

oh bugger my bmi is only 42...and hopefully will go down some....thanks for advice will keep trying and keep looking for info
karen xx

Hi there, just looking at your figures on the side you show a BMI of 31.3 Your either too tall or too lite on your calculations LOL. I wish it was as easy at that in real life to change :D

Good luck with your progress which ever way it goes. trisha

Hi there, just looking at your figures on the side you show a BMI of 31.3 Your either too tall or too lite on your calculations LOL. I wish it was as easy at that in real life to change :D

Good luck with your progress which ever way it goes. trisha[/QUO

oops that is well out of date unfortunately...better update it... :cry:

LOL yes I had to update mine to show the lb's I had put on so i will cry with you :cry:

Back