• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

informations

Hiya, tell him how bad you're feeling, tell him about every ache and pain you're suffering, how it affects your everyday living..........good luck hun.. Jan

i assume ur a parent? tell the GP you worry that ur weight will affect your childrens attitude toward food and that u want to show them the right way to behave with food. xx

thank u so much for ur replies, yes a mother of one child,been trying to lose weight forever, i gaine more while pregnant and after birth, it is effecting my whole life and as a mother,i have tried to diet tablets weight control programms nothing works well not for that long, i just want something to stop me eating and say that is enough,i am a single mom just me and my daughter no other family, anything happen to me then god knows what will happen to my daughter,i want to live for her,this is my only way which to have this operation gastric bypass, i don sleep very well at night and i can not lay on my back as my breathing get really tight i feel like my tongue whatever it is stopping me from breathing, i wish i get the help that i need, as i have been told its quite tough in cambridge.

reads to me like you meet all the criteria and won't need to had any extra. best of luck to you, it will change your life xx

reads to me like you meet all the criteria and won't need to had any extra. best of luck to you, it will change your life xx
i hope so and yes ur right it will change my life, i will feel alive and be more active confidinent and play with my daughter wich is something i cant do at the moment cuz of my weight, i weight the same as you so you can imagine what am going through.thank you so much.

i hope so and yes ur right it will change my life, i will feel alive and be more active confidinent and play with my daughter wich is something i cant do at the moment cuz of my weight, i weight the same as you so you can imagine what am going through.thank you so much.

Its hard being big and dealing with day to day stuff but as soon as the weight starts to come off its like someone gave you the most amazing gift. I love my bypass 99.9 percent of the time and i'm so greatful for what it has given me.....even at the half way stage x

if i get accept it it would be my second gift in this life, i am so happy to see you loosing the weight just like everyone else, i wish you all the best i hope i be lucky like you too very soon.

im sure you will be, if your as big as i was then your BMI is enough on its own according to the nice guidlines

yes trust me ai am or just above 27st the thing is i live in cambridge and been told its really hard to get this op funded by cambridge pct.

I think what i'm about to say is correct but i am often wrong and there are many guys on here that are far more knowledgeable than me......but if you have a BMI over 50 then you will be entitled to funding regardless of where you live.
I was 27.4 and my bmi was 61 i'm about 5feet 6 inches.
Saying that i know that some PCT's have other priorities and have put there money toward other things, but i think in that case there is nothing wrong in getting your self refered to the mental health team inorder for them to help you fight for what you need plus you will get a bit of counselling to help you prepare for your journey.
all the best

thank you so much for ur advice, will keep you and everyone posted with my long journey, am the hights as you as well lol, all the best to you as well.

I think what i'm about to say is correct but i am often wrong and there are many guys on here that are far more knowledgeable than me......but if you have a BMI over 50 then you will be entitled to funding regardless of where you live.

Unfortunately Cambs PCT also require you to have a co-morbidity before they will grant funding. You can appeal to the East of England Commissioning Team under exceptional circumstances but even then they are quite strict. Sharron (dreamofbeingslim) had no end of problems trying to get her funding and was turned down several times.

JJ'smama... remember to ask your GP about having the sleep apnoea assessment because if it turns out you do have this then you will automatically get your funding. Good luck hun! xx

Hi jj'smama tell them truthfully how your weight is really affecting your day to day life. Sadly Cambridge won't give funding on bmi alone even though nice guidelines advice it. Make sure to ask for a sleep apneoa check at Papworth. Good luck please let me know how you get on.

Back