• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Initially@Bristol southmead now Im being seen by..

Hollyhunny

5 years of waiting
Swansea Morriston Hospital.. do I have to start all over??

Story continues.. This marks the start of year 5 on my journey to recieve WLS. After years of chasing Gps and lost paperwork and denials and so on.
I attended Bristol Southmead starting Jan 2010,several months of visits with drs,consultants and dietician,showing positve mental attitude and weighloss with every visit. My surgery was scheduled for Feb 2011, that morning the surgeon (who I had never seen or met before) stated I needed a pannectomy first before GBP. So she sent me away,AFTER fighting for approval for 7 months. I finally saw plastics in Dec @ Swansea morriston, he said he would be happy to do it but he wants me to see THEIR WLS surgeon first. In the last year, yes, I have gained all the weight back that I lost and probably more.
My question is, will I need to start all over again with the dr trips and the dietician and the pre op stuff?
You know the terrible truth?? 5 years ago I did not have ANY co-morbidities and was NOT on any prescriptions. And I WAS 5 years younger. I really resent that I was not given surgery then and there.

How frustrating for you?! Surely you wont have to go back to the beginning again ? What is a pannectomy ? Is is similar to the apronectomy? Good luck and hope it's not more years of waiting x

apronectomy/pannectomy/panniculectomy

all are interchangeable,
but this isn't just a basic tummy tuck for me,it is quite a large tummy and poss hernia/s..

Back