• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Introducing myself.......

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
Good afternoon!

Im vicki, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and have made the decision that WLS is what i need to lose weight.

Ive been overweight since the age of 15, ive done every diet im sure, some great successes but in the end, all the weight lost, has come back, and of course, a little more to go with it...

ive been researching WLS for a month or so now, it has always been in the back of my mind but i have made the decision.....

I went to see the doc yesterday and managed to walk in and say ' I would like you to refer me for bariatric surgery' before bursting into tears!!

she looked over my history, read some paper *whilst im still sobbing* and said she would do this, i will receive a call in the next 7 days to book an appointment with the Weight Management team at the Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham...

I was a member of Minimins whilst doing various diets and know the support you get and can give in a forum, hence my intro....

I would particularly like to speak to people that live in Tamworth, staffordshire or are having surgery at the Heartlands just for some familiarity lol BUT i will promise to post...and share my sense of humour with you all.

Thanks for reading!!

Vicki xx

is no one gonna pop by to say hi?? :(

Welcome to the forums! I guess many people are out celebrating with their families.

Hi Vicki, I didn't see you first post :( Welcome to this site, everyone is very friendly so don't feel that you've been ignored. I am just 8 weeks post op and doing well, hopefully it will be the same for you. Best wishes and keep posting.

Hi hun, welcome to the site, we look forward to helping you along with your weightloss journey, i wish you all the luck xxx

Hi and welcome :) everyone is really friendly here any questions just ask and good luck on your journey x x x

Hello and welcome, good luck with your weight loss journey.
Lyndsey xxx

Welcome missymustdoit! I am 4 weeks and a bit post sleeve, and feeling great. You will always find someone on here to answer whatever you need.

hey all!! thanks for the replies....i know people are busy, my 2nd post was to make you feel guilty and say hi ;) lol

i know forums can be really busy one minute and not the next, and ive read LOADS on here already, i look forward to sharing my journey (if there is one) and supporting everyone else along the way xxxx

Hi Vicki and welcome to the forum....

What type of surgery are you hoping to have?

Not sure of the process at Heartlands, years ago you had to do weight management first. If you don't know maybe do a thread entitled Heartlands Hospital Process so that people who have had surgery there can share their experiences of that provider...

Good luck and keep us posted and laughing xx

Hello and welcome, congratulations on making this life changing decision. I hope everything goes according to plan and that you are one of the lucky one to progress to surgery quickly.

Use the people on here to get as much info as you can and do more and more research....there is always a question that you'll need answering and people on this forum will offer useful advice and answers from personal experience

Best wishes for the new you

is no one gonna pop by to say hi?? :(

Hi & welcome I was also a member of mini's under a diff user name and like you yo-yo'd sincce I was teenager!
I am fortunate to be able to take a substantial loan over 5yrs to pay for my surgery!
Sorry I am down south tho :)

Good luck on your journey xx

Hi missy , welcome , like someone else said I think maybe people were busy last night .
There is loads of support here & I think quite a few from your area .
I also came here from minis but with the same name .
Wishing you well xx

welcome n happy new yr x

I would particularly like to speak to people that live in Tamworth, staffordshire or are having surgery at the Heartlands just for some familiarity lol BUT i will promise to post...and share my sense of humour with you all.

Thanks for reading!!

Vicki xx

hI Vicki, i am pre-op, bypass at HEARTLANDS, although from the other side of the catchment area... Northamptonshire, we get our funding 1st and then see the Team, so cant give you any idea of waiting times for you, as i think the consultant applies for your funding direct. However i have been waiting 5 months since seeing Mr Kumar, and have my op in just 18 days( my tummy turns over everytime i think of that) the band i know is quicker, some people in our group waited just 3 weeks ( with funding ). use this site as much as possible, i dont post often, only when relevant, but i read all the new posts' and have learned so much from everyones experiences. hope all goes quickly and smoothly for you. kate

Hi all, im awful at trying to remember names and responding to everyones individual comments so i try and get it all in one post lol

I was the same name on Mini's but mainly posted in the Atkins threads

my first appointment will be with the management team, from reading on here, im presuming they would want me to try some sort of programme for 6 months, i can prove that i have done this for 18 years lol and actually have a spreadsheet of weight loss/gain for the past 2 years so will be taking that,

A friend of mine was part of the walsall group so i have been sucking info out of her like spongebob in his pineapple.

I dont think i have any co-morbities, i dont snore (unless drunk lol), my knees are messed up and make the most awful noise when im going up or downstairs, my BP has always been good and normal.....my BMI is 43...i think ill start a thread specificallty for heartlands, my friend also said that if i get offered a transfer to aston then to take it without thinking...private hospital and well renowned surgeon, but im yet to decide on what surgery i would like before speaking to the surgeon, im sure he will have the final say but id like to know enough about them all before making the final decision...

thanks for welcoming me (eventually ;)) haha ill be around for a while.

A BIG WELCOME. Good luck for whichever path you choose (or is chosen for you) to help you in your weight loss. Here is to a successful 2012 :)

Back