• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Irish Newbee

Ulidia

Hello all

I have been reading post here for a while in the lead up to my gastric by-pass procedure. I am now two weeks post-op and thinking about pureed food. I have had little problems and constantly feel full-up.

In Ireland there is little to no support so any advice for a guy coming to terms with this life changing procedure would be very welcome.

Well done to all those who have taken the plunge. It has not been an easy decision for many and I appreciate what you, like me, will have gone through to reach this stage.

Ulidia

Really not sure where I should have posted but I will look there and respond. Had my op in Manchester at the Spires Clinic on 25 September

Ulidia

I am in Co. Down. Not a chance on the NHS where I am so completely self funded. The Spires was excellent and the Consultant equally good. It was Basil Ammori who did the procedure.

U

Hi Ulidia, Thanks for you comments in the other thread.. How are things post op?? Good Luck for the future, all though i said surgery would be the final option for me its nice to read up on the pro's and con's and other peoples stories..
Dan

Hi and welcome. Pleased you have joined us.

Irene xx

Thanks for the welcome and all the positive comments. Dan, my progress is steady and at the weekend I started on the pureed foods. It was good to have something substantial to eat, even though it was like baby food!

I have noticed weight loss already and although I only weigh and measure at the start of each month, I am down a size in jeans and my shirts are baggy. All good signs I think.

U

Awwww, thats really good I'm glad for you :) Good luck ... I have lost about 6 inches off my waste and feel better too :)
Dan

Hi Ulidia and welcome to the losers bench. You have had the best possible start with Bas at the Spire. Keep us informed of your progress it keeps us old farts going xxx

I am in Co. Down. Not a chance on the NHS where I am so completely self funded. The Spires was excellent and the Consultant equally good. It was Basil Ammori who did the procedure.

U
I`m from N.Ireland and I`m getting my surgery on the 10 th of Nov on the NHS but I had to wait six years for it . Do you ever go to the WLS meetings at the Days Inn @ Hope St they are on the first Sat of each month . Me and another woman from Derry went 2 weeks ago . Its nice to meet up with people in the same boat as you . Take care .
Margaret xx

welcome

xx

Hi Ulidia and welcome to the group. You'll get all the help and support you want here, everyone is a friend xx

Back