• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is anyone prescribed Zinc tablets by their GP?

tesmaralda

I had a letter 3 weeks ago saying that my zinc levels were low and that a letter would be forwarded to my GP. I went in yesterday to chase this up and nothing had been done with it so I was told to phone back today after 5pm. I have since been told that the tablet I need is not available on the NHS and that I need to but them from a shop either Holland and Barrett or another similar one. I was prescribed zinc briefly at 6 months post op so can't understand this.

I was just wondering if any of you are prescribed this on a regular basis. I am going to ring the endocrynologist on the team tomorrow and see what he says, but just thought I'd ask you wonderful lot as well x x x

I have been prescribed zinc by my doctor (Solvazinc 125mg three times a day) - I am still on my hospital tabs as I'm only 10 days post op, but have zinc ready to start at 14 days!

I am in Scotland, so I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

Hi Terri, im on zinc tabs(zinc sulphate 220mg 1 daily) have been from the start even though they are the one tablet that i dont take regularly only because i read that they were full of sodium and i was already craving salt! I have 2 months worth that are unopened so if you would like them pm me your address and i will post them.

I was prescribed zincasol but had to fight for it. Its expensive to prescribe which makes some GPs reluctant. M might be able to help regarding availability on NHS.

Back