• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it common practise when having fills??

BlueDiamond

Hello all,

I was just reading the information regarding my first fill this Friday, and I found that I am not allowed to eat or drink anything for 6 hours beforehand which isnt bothering me as my appointment is @ 8am.

I wanted to ask why no food or drink beforehand etc..(well mainly drink tbh) as it doesnt state on the letter why , just that I am not allowed it, thank god my appointment it early enough.

Also I will ask once I have had my fill how soon after I can eat & drink afterwards (even tho it will be liquids only) but if anyone can shed any light/information I would be most grateful

Thanks in advance - MeJulie xx

i had mine at 5:30pm & couldnt eat or drink for 6 hours before. im not sure the exact reason, i just figured because it was under xray they might have wanted my stomach clear so its easier to check everythings ok?

after the fill, you are allowed to drink almost instantly but then only fluid for 2 days...then 3 days of a soft diet (like weeks 3 & 4 after the op). then back to a normal diet of crunchy dry foods.

well that was me anyway, different providers may have different policies

xx

i had mine at 5:30pm & couldnt eat or drink for 6 hours before. im not sure the exact reason, i just figured because it was under xray they might have wanted my stomach clear so its easier to check everythings ok?

This sounds about right probably just to keep everything clear so get a better picture (pardon the pun) of what is going on , bit like having an ultrasound etc

after the fill, you are allowed to drink almost instantly but then only fluid for 2 days...then 3 days of a soft diet (like weeks 3 & 4 after the op). then back to a normal diet of crunchy dry foods.

well that was me anyway, different providers may have different policies

Mine is the same , fluids for 2/3 days and then soft for 2/3 days and then back to normal :D

Thanks for your input - Julie xx

After the initial fill under x ray, my subsequent fills have had the following conditions -
Nothing to drink 1 hour before
Nothing to eat 4 hours before
24 hours liquid after
24 mushy after that
and by day three, back to a rough textured diet.

All providers are different aren't they! Just to confuse us even more!
x

Back