• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Advice!!

SazzyS

Hi e1.
I've not been on for ages, so hope e1's happy.
I thought i would try here for advice as it seems a lifetime to get through to anyone who can help me at my hospital.
Here goes,

I had my first band fill on 18th July, then a couple of weeks later had a dietician appointment, i explained that i didn't feel any restriction what so ever, so she made me an appointment for another fill, which was done 4th Aug. After my 2nd fill I was sat in the waiting room drinking water, but it wouldn't go down properly, so i went back in and they took some out.
I then was able to drink properly.
However since then things seems a bit weird, I can eat a sandwich one day, then if i have the same sandwich another day, i can't eat it at all, I was throwing up like crazy at lunch time but i had eaten the same thing before?
Any ideas why this is?

They have been other foods also that i just can't help but throw back up.
Do you think i need more taken out maybe??

Also I haven't lost any weight since the third week post op. I have now had 2 fills but no weight is coming off at all.
Help!!!

Sorry for the long post, but i just had to ask someone for help.

Thanx

Hi Sazzy, I too have this problem and think I need a little taken out. I had 7.5 mils in my 9ml band on my 2nd fill and I can't eat much at all. The only thing I can keep down is weetabix and slimfast shakes. If you're managing a sandwich one day and not the next then I'd lay off them for a while. I can't eat any kind of bread, if I do it sticks and the pain is awful.I'm sure Liz or Caz will be along soon to help and advise you. Good luckxx

Hi I have no idea but someone will be along soon to answer I am sure, is it possible that not being able to drink after having it done was stress ?
good luck xx

Back