• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal or could I have a leaky band?

lou:-)

Hi,
6 months post op and had my second fill a week ago. All went well and the restriction for the first 5 days was great, however the day after fill I had this awful taste in my mouth which lasted 4/5 days and now I don't seem to have the restriction the second fill gave me. It's like I don't have much at all. Has anyone else been through this? or is this normal for a fill?

Thanks
Lou x

Hi Lou, I cant answer your question, but have you contacted your provider to see what they say? I would ask them to see what they think, they may need to take a look at it. I think it would be safer to have it checked out.

The taste in your mouth ? Is it the same sort of taste you had when you were on the liver shrink diet ? Mid so then your in ketosis again .. Have you weighed youself to see if the weight is coming off ?
The band is filled with saline so it won't taste of anything , and if it had a leak it wouldn't be getting into your tummy ..
You can buy ketosis sticks from the chemist to test yourself , to see if you are in ketosis ..
Up protein a little more and see if the taste goes ..
Xxxx

Back