• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Question

AA1234

I am now into week 5 after having my band. Starting to move from slops to solid food. I don't feel any restriction at all and I am starting to get like indigestion pain periodically. I can feel it in my stomach right up to my throat. Is this normal? I don't have my first fill until 17th June when I will be nearly 8 weeks post op. I am really pleased with my weight lose so far but don't want it to stall whilst I am waiting for my fill.

I am now into week 5 after having my band. Starting to move from slops to solid food. I don't feel any restriction at all and I am starting to get like indigestion pain periodically. I can feel it in my stomach right up to my throat. Is this normal? I don't have my first fill until 17th June when I will be nearly 8 weeks post op. I am really pleased with my weight lose so far but don't want it to stall whilst I am waiting for my fill.

hi sue, when you say that you have no restriction how do you know that ?
the indegestion pain you describe from your stomach up to your throat is the restriction feeling as its the food sitting in the top pouch and the more eaten it backs up towards the throat which means your band is doing its job with the more solid foods and is there for giving you signs of restriction, try eating a little slower and chew more thoroughly and this will help you cope with the feeling and learn how to work with the restriction feeling and food types.

liz x

I would think that if it was whilst or after I had eaten. But I only get the pain in periods when I haven't eaten at all. Like first thing in the morning, before lunch and dinner. Could It be hunger?

it could be very possible that its hunger, if its when you havent eaten, it could be thirst as well as sometimes thirst is often mistaken for hunger, try a glass of water and if the feelings still there 30 mins later then its most likley to be that you are hungry.

Thanks Liz. I was thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong and my band had slipped or something (how would I know if it had?)

i really dont think your band would of slipped, your probably just learning the new sensations that comes with banding as its all a learning curve about our new lifestyle. some band slips would be in pain, others just dont know until an xray fill, please try not to worry as your only ajusting to it in a pefectly normal way.

good luck with your 1st fill.

liz x

Back