• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it realistic?

wobbles

I would like to set myself a goal to lose 1 stone per month. In total i have 12 to lose.

Is it a realistic goal to lose 1 stone per month, or am i dreaming?

When researching all the stats etc pre-op they stated that the average weight-loss is a stone a month so yes, I would say it IS possible - just be ready for the plateaus & re-starts!!

It depends on how you react to goals hun! If you are going to feel demotivated if one month you don't meet it then why set a timed goal? If, however, the goal motivates you and you can really accept not hitting it occasionally then go for it.

I fall into the fall apart category myself :D

I would say it depends on your BMI - if it is high then yes, quite realistic to lose a stone a month, especially in the early days. I am now falling more into the half stone a month (maybe a little more) but I would not manage a stone a month now and I started out with 9 stone to lose.....the thing is that you should make sure that you look upon any loss as fantastic and a step in the right direction for all sorts of great reasons - if you set yourself goals that are too hard you are likely to end up being hard on yourself if you dont meet them and then if you are like me you will hit the self destruct button.....lots of luck :)

Like with any eating plan as you get nearer your target weight your weight loss slows. Looking at peoples tickers here tat also applies to WLS. I know some people have had fantastic losses in the early days and then may help level yr stone a month out if in the early das you are loosing faster but personally like the others have said i wold look at any loss as good.
HC

Hiya

I think you can do it, But it will depend on the exercise you do in later months.

The first 3 months you will lose 50% of the weight then it will slow down alot.

They say that the average person loses 70% of the over wieght amount.

So if if your 10 stone over without much exercise you will lose 7 stone. But you will lose this over about 4 -5 months easy.

Ive reached my spot where im having togo to the gym to lose more but when the wieght is gone it does not come back i guess its just being stubburn :D

So to round things up

Month 1 to 5 i guess you will lose 6-7 stone.

Months 6-12 you will reach your goal if you work at it.

I wish you all the best . Keep us informed which i know you will :D.

Maybe this would be a good time to start bets on the time that 12 stone is lost.

I bet 10p on 11 months 28 days 2 hours 10 mins.

good luck

Yep like frosty and ali have already said, first few months is when you have your biggest weight loss, and long term with bypass I was told at least 70-80% weight loss within two years, I only have just two and a half stones to loose and I have noticed that my weight has slowed down from at least one stone a month to, one to two pounds a week but Im still loosing it and that what matters! so what if it takes another eighteen months I am going to loose it !!
Im starting at the gym shortly to help matters along, so will keep you up to date on how weight loss goes with that!

I was told to expect to lose between 10lbs to a stone per month. this happened initially but it has slowed a bit lately. think it depends on how much you have to lose and how your body adjucts to the surgery and new eating habits. the thing to remeber is any loss is a step in the right direction xx

Thanks everyone, you've been so helpful. I really appreciate it. And of course, you're all so right, any loss is positive, and i need to remember that. I find it so exciting to think too that whatever i lose, i won't see again!! Yay!

Caroline, may i ask how long ago you had your surgery? You've done so well, as has everyone else, well done.

Back