• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it usual?

mandyl

bit worried about posting this but your all my friends and im hoping you wont think im some sort of freak or something.
can anyone tell me if the emotions etc are normal? this is gonna change my life and mean i get some confidence and get out volunteer and maybe eventually get back to a part time job and then make friends.
ive been fine up until this last week and know i feel a bit emotional at times.
i dont miss steve much now days but i really have last couple of days and really wish he was here with me. i know ill be ok and cant wait till after the weekend as it will really be on my way. just wondered really if its me or have other people felt the same? thanks mandy xx

Hun it is very normal for ur emotions to be very up and down so near to surgery. I am feeling like that now and i am poss 3 months away from surgery.
I can understand that you would want Steve to be there with you as 15 yrs is a long time to share your life with someone, have you spoken to him would he consider being there to support you in the next week.
I am excited but worried but i know that is 100% normal. Your plans sound similar to me, once i have lost some weight i am going to do some volunteer work to ease myself back into working as i have not worked for 7 yrs now.
Hun ur new life is all there for you, once u are feeling better and recovered then u just need to reach out and grab it.
Take care xx

Mandy it is completely normal to be up & down with your emotions before surgery, most post-op will tell you the same. However, you must be realistic with your expectations of what the surgery can do for you. You will still be the same exact person you are now with all the head issues you currently have and to expect it to be different would be a mistake. The only way that your head will change is if you work at it, I know first hand as I had more head stuff than I expected which became pretty clear after my surgery.

My advice to you: 1) keep posting here, keep a diary with your thoughts and feeling in the diary section, it does help to have a place where you can talk things out, 2) make sure that if you need more support with your head stuff that you ask for it from your team, it is important that you seek professional guidance when things get really tough, 3) make sure that you are menatlly prepared for the post-op 'blues' that many people get starting around 2 weeks post-op, they can be overwhelming so think ahead and plan some coping skills to get you through. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

The wls journey can be a rough one and it can be tougher than you expect but with the help of support forums like this one, support groups in your area and the experts on your healthcare team you can make a great success of your journey.

(((Hugs)))
Nic

oh i know what it will do for me just a decent nights sleep after be nice,stones keep me awake at mo . no steve wouldnt really we get on but he is always working and left for someone else. xx

Hi Mandy, As usual I can see that Nic has given some good advice. I know I haven't had surgery, but, I'm sure what you're feeling is very normal. After all, you will be making a life long change. However, if you made a list as to the pros and cons of surgery have a look at it to remind yourself why you wanted/want this surgery. We're here for you if you need us.

I haven't read your thread recently. Is your bike working now? Have you any friends you can talk to? Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts.

Rebirth

Hi Mandy, As usual I can see that Nic has given some good advice. I know I haven't had surgery, but, I'm sure what you're feeling is very normal. After all, you will be making a life long change. However, if you made a list as to the pros and cons of surgery have a look at it to remind yourself why you wanted/want this surgery. We're here for you if you need us.

I haven't read your thread recently. Is your bike working now? Have you any friends you can talk to? Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts.

Rebirth
hi
and thanks,
it was because of my so called friend that started it really. she has said all along ive booked day off to take you and then said less than a wk before i cant . and my bike is costing nearly £400 ,lucky if ive got 40 so its stuck in southampton and im stuck in without it. feel better now though xxx

Can I help Mandy? I live in Portsmouth and I drive. I don't go back to work until Tuesday, do you need a lift to get your bike? Let me know. Take care.

Can I help Mandy? I live in Portsmouth and I drive. I don't go back to work until Tuesday, do you need a lift to get your bike? Let me know. Take care.
wow thankyou darling thats lovely
will pm you xxx

Hugs

Hi Mandy, I am glad you're feeling a little better. I am so sorry that your bike will cost so much for you to repair. Hopefully you'll be able to get it repaired in the near future.

Sorry about your friend. Has she backed out because she is no longer supporting your decision, or has something turned up? If I lived closer I'd come and see you but alas, Manchester is a long way away.

Sending lots of hugs.

Rebirth

hey mandy, Listen to me when you get through this you will be thinking to yourself "OMG I cant believe I wrote that" and guess what when steve does see you he is going to think WOW!! but hey! its his loss and he aint havin what he cant afford. So say to him then "you made your your bed mate now bloody well lie in it" Whoop! Whoop!

If you werent emotional about it i would be worried.
like nic and the others have said to be up and down pre op is normal but make sur you lookat some coping mechanisms for post op as emptional eating will be off the menue so look at taking up a hobby that occupies you mindand hands.
take care
carole

Back