• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mandy

mandyl

hi
hope no one minds but id like to tell you all a bit about me. id like to do it here if thats ok as all my friends are here.
well im mandy 37 and from chichester in west sussex. ive lived here since 1995. came here with my then boyfriend and we married and stayed together for ten yrs.i worked for a race horse trainer and eventually took one of his horses home with me. i owned mickley for 3 years. he was a good race horse and i loved him very much. i stopped working in 2006 when i couldnt cope with being bullied.
husband left in may 2008 without warning and then i lost mickley to a broken leg. i moved out 3 months later and live in a flat with fish and my cat tigger. struggled with being alone to start and christmas etc were difficult.
im now pretty settled although have my moments lol. i usually panic/miss steve if im ill otherwise im ok. i decided to aproach dr after hed said no the year before and he said yes we can try.
i want to be able to get back with the horses and ride my special bike which has barely been used since i got it for my 30th birthday. will be a long hard road as id rather stay in as people scare me.
i dont have much confidence due to being bullied all my life and no support from family etc.
i love horror films,old comedies and love hugh laurie.
i hope by writing this it will help make a bit more sense to why i worry so much and sometimes make no sense at all.
love mandy xxx

Hi again Mandy
Things will only get better with your op.
Also you wont have to travel to hospital as you live in chichester.

Really hope you hear soon

Hi Mandy hun thanks for telling us about u :) i can relate to some of the things you have experinced.
Pls dont worry at all when u post bout things that are on ur mind that is wat MM is 4.
I hope u get ur op date soon and then u can take steps to start regaining your life.
Take care hun and have a good night xx

What a wonderful introduction Mandy. I think many of us can relate to feelings you have had. I look forward to talking to you more on here.

Mandy life is very hard sometimes and it is often tough getting through the other side of bad experiences.
You sound like you have come quite far since having to move in on your own, and hopefully once you get your op your confidence will soar.
Not everyone is the same Mandy there are lots of good people about just look at this site. Lots of people supporting each other who may never meet in their usual walks of life, and that is so special.
Keep strong Mandy and slowly but surely your confidence will grow and you can take your place in the scheme of things
Wishing you lots of love

Jay xx

Hi Mandy
Thanks for telling us about yourself . I`m sorry to hear about your marriage splitting up , but it does happen . The sooner you get your surgery the sooner you can get your life back on track hun . I luv horses as well , that was a great job you had and hopefully youll be able to go back to it . This is a great site to get things off your chest and it helps a lot . Good luck with your journey . Take care .
Margaret xx

Hi Mandy
Thanks for telling us all about yourself. It is traumatic when a partner just gets up and goes( ive been there) but given time you re learn to gain your independence and confidence and even in the bad times you know you can get through. Don't ever apologise for posting/ sharing your worries or concerns we are here for each other and we are happy to help. I love horses too and my hubby would love your previous job he is a huge horse racing fan. A lot of us will relate to your negative experiences and thats why we all can honestly and genuinely support each other. I hope you get a date soon xx

What fish do you have ?
hi
ive got a black mollie, a cat fish,baby catfish, pleco and several baby silver sailfin mollies. oh and a snail. i lost the mother mollie and a catfish.xx

thanks gg
my job was a dream but was ruined by a bullying boss who very nearly drove me to suicide:cry:good times too though,my first ever work ride,going really fast up sides someone else. the first time i took mickley racing and riding down the beach. i took mickley home after hed finished racing and enjoyed him for 3 yrs.
steve did what he thought was best at the time i know that now but obviously very hard at the time. he was fine then at 7.30 was gone. i now know he had someone else and why he worked so hard. ive no malice towards him although do curse sometimes when i ride past his work lol.xx

I have a pair of chocolate talking catfish, a pair of brittlenose plecos, 3 clown loaches, and about 40 cichlids (they wont stop breeding) mostly yellow ones but a few of the ice blue ones dont know what the proper names are and a few other odds and ends swimming around in there too. I used to have some snails but the clown loaches just thought they looked too tasty and munched them:eek:

Hi Mandy, i must congratulate you on your introduction. You did it wonderfully. A heartfelt story some of which i relate to, having an ex husband go off with my best friend completely unexpected. Am sorry people have bullied you and hope that your confidence will slowly build up and you will come out of yourself some and enjoy what is most the time a beautiful world but sometimes a very cruel place..

Wishing you lots of luck on your weight loss journey, i sincerely hope you become a loser soon xxx

Mandy i'm sorry you had such a b........d of a boss. I always wanted to ride a horse at speed along a quiet beach just in the water so your 1st work ride sounds fab! I'm so glad you got to enjoy Mickley in his retirement. I think you are entitled to your curse lol just make sure its a good one ha ha x

Ive got 2 choc.catties love that noise they make!A 12in pleco called Colin who I love,he likes to be fed.Gouramis,Glass fish,Siamese fighting fish,Mixed Goldfish,Angelfish and some I cant remember the name of.Lost a huge Goldfish today someone had eaten its eyes and started on its fins.Think I moved the right culprit they had been together for ages to.Hate it when I lose any.

Hi Mandy,

so sorry you have had a battering to your self-esteem for so long. I really feel for you, and losing your horse must have been devastating - I was brought up on a farm and had a variety of gypsy's nags my Dad would buy for me. My fave was lucy, she was an apaloosa and had the meanest spirit you can imagine - she would bite me on the bum EVERYTIME I got on her - and before I could afford a saddle, I rode bearback and she's canter down hills and suddenly put her head down in order to try and get me to slide off down her neck.
I loved her so much though.

I really hope that with having space, time and the surgery you want that your self-worth will rise again. Putting up with years of bullying just makes a person's self-esteem dissolve away. It is so unfair on you. Have you had any counselling?

Very warmest and best wishes to you, Jen x

Mandy I just hope you enjoy life post op like I do. I have an ex race horse called Jake and he's been my saviour. I have to get out of bed to see to him where as before I'd lay in. I also have a little shetland called sooty and I'm off to look at a mare at the weekend. I now have my own stables (3 stables with 3 acres) and I love it.My life changed so much after my op and I really hope yours does tooxx

oh im going to. stuck in here mostly cos its so hard going anywhere just get all sweaty and want to come back.
mickley was a little sod i never fell off him in racing but when he came home with me he was always whipping round really quick and dropping me.lol. he survived a colic op and being bar fired in racing. ten days after steve left i got a call to say he looked like he had colic. went up to find him standing in the field. vet came and sadly hed broken his back leg. xx

Hi Mandy, Thankyou for sharing your story, You have been through the mill, But Hopefully you will soon be on the road to loserville and have a fantastic rest of life, Wishing you the best of luck honey!

Back