• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

support

mandyl

hi all
as you all know kinda been to hell and back,dont get me wrong some is me being anxious and emotional.
ive got some worries and wonder if you guys can help.
i was in hospital on and of since end of october. i really didnt want to come home as i live on my own and being christmas i seem to be really missing steve
icon_cry.gif

im ok but my tummy doesnt feel right,like usually you dont know you have a tummy but i seem to be really aware of it,not pain as such but its like its full on very little and im always aware of it.
i seem very emotional and burst into tears sometimes for no reason.
im shattered and dont seem to be able to do much at all.
i dont mind eating little but will things be more normal in the future? or ?
thanks for any support you can give
ps of to see cpn tomorrow for some support .
mandy xx

Mandy i haven't had my surgery yet but imagine after all you've been through (as with most wls patients) it will be quite some time before you are not aware of your abdominal/tummy area at all.... From all i've read on here, post surgery can be a very tearful and emotional time, you've just made a big life changing decision girl. And in time its gonna be one you will thank again and again. In a years time you are going to be helping all the newbies through everything you've been through, and you're gonna be fab at it.

Christmas can be a lonely time of year, could you visit with your brother for the day? I'm sorry you don't live closer to me as i'd welcome you with open arms, who wouldn't? You don't need to be fed but can still help wash up? Bargain....

Keep your chin up darling and make the most of the cpn and everything she can provide for you tomorrow xxx

thankyou julie darling. brother is away at christmas but it really helps to know that what im experiencing is normal.xxxx

thankyou julie darling. brother is away at christmas but it really helps to know that what im experiencing is normal.xxxx

Well as i said Mandy i've not yet had my op, but i know after childbirth i was very aware of all the bits that got messed with in the first place for quite some time. I'm guessing its the same thing ;) xx

Mandy - at the risk of upsetting you which I dont want to do, I feel that your problems are psychological not physical. What I would advise is not to keep thinking that 'oh my god Ive just had major surgery and Im never going to feel better again'. The full feeling after eating very little is totally normal and means the pouch is working - this is the whole reason for having the surgery. Small amounts of food will satisfy you where they couldnt before and hopefully, with you making the right choices of foods to eat, you will lose all or most of your excess weight fairly fast - I had my op exactly 8 months ago and Ive lost 9 stone - Im not unusual, it will happen to you and the euphoria and relief of losing weight will override any feelings of anxiety that you may be having now. You will get used to it - just stop thinking about it. Think positive thoughts - you have done something amazing to help yourself lose weight and you are recovering from surgery and every day, you get stronger and stronger - make that your mantra. Say it in the mirror and post it on the fridge - every day, Im getting stronger and stronger and Im going to be slim' - you will soon start to believe it and in yourself.

You are emotional cause you have been through a physical ordeal but you need to look forward and not dwell on it - just get plenty of rest, dont push yourself too far too fast and you will be fine. Why you want to stay in hospital when you dont need to is beyond me - its a place for sick people and you are not sick - remember that - you are recovering well.

You will get there - just keep thinking in a positive fashion.

hi mandy i agree with alot of what last post said and you do have to look forward and be gratefull you have your op lots of people have waited long long time for thiers. so embrace each day and look to the future. We all know you can do it x
And it is normal to have restriction after surgery especially as you havent eaten for so long it does get easier as time goes on. and so worth all the you have been threw.

iam grateful just a delicate soul.x

Hugs Mandy,

I am almost 4 months out and things are just starting to get easier for me. I seem to *know* how much I will be able to eat now and eat to the point of being satisfied but not stuffed. It all takes time though. Like you in the early days, I was very aware of every mouthful I ate, and wondering if just one more would cause me pain.

Hang in there Mandy. Youve been through massive surgery and are still recovering. I tend to agree that the issues are psychological rather than physical and I believe Guy has confirmed this to you.

You will get there hun, and will look back in a few months and wonder what all the fuss was about.

How much have you lost now hun?

For a good couple of weeks after the op I kept dwelling on what I cant do now and it really got me down and I was upset that I might feel that way forever but you know what, I dont. Its wierd but suddenly not being able to overeat or have sweets and unhealthy food thrills me and I feel very empowered by it and feel that for once in my life it is ME that has control of my eating and habits and man oh man does that feel good.
As for being aware of your pouch, me too but I love it. Pre-op I was so unaware of my stomach etc and didnt expect the relationship that I have formed with my pouch. That sounds bizarre I know but I do have a relationship with my pouch, I have to have that to keep me on the straight and narrow, I listen when she is unhappy and we work together to make me a healthier person and I totally love her :crazy:.
I named her Polly (Polly pouch) earlier on because I seriously had to learn how to work with her and as crazy as it makes me to be so in tune with 'her' I dont care, it works for me.
My pouch is a noisy thing, so even when I cant feel it (full etc) I can hear it, so I am constantly aware of its presence.
You have to work at feeling positive, if you read through posts of mine you will see that as recently as a week or so ago I was still quite negative, I saw that trend and I forced myself to snap out of it, it was doing me no good and it took some work and I do have little down moments but I just pick myself up and carry on and you will do that too in time, you just have to put the work in.
Im glad that you are seeing the cpn, you need that extra support, they may not understand your specific situation unless they are post op too (which I doubt) but any extra help is great.
You CAN do this thing hon, you CAN learn to live your new life and you CAN be positive about it all, you just have to want it and then make it happen.
And always remember the wonderful people on this forum, they are all pulling for you and that amount of positivity HAS to be infectious.
Steph xx

my pouch is called skippy.x

Hi Mandy, just a quick one as I can smell hubbys dinner about to burn in oven lol.

This is the worst time of year to feel lonely, everything is geared towards family gatherings etc, so on top of the trauma of surgery you are also having to deal with it at the wors ttime of year.

Are you able to volunteer over christmas at all? it will get you out of the house and meeting people. Sometimes looking after others is the best medicine and gives us something else to focus on.

ok dinner really burning now got to go

ciao Xx

hi mandy, just a quick one as i can smell hubbys dinner about to burn in oven lol.

This is the worst time of year to feel lonely, everything is geared towards family gatherings etc, so on top of the trauma of surgery you are also having to deal with it at the wors ttime of year.

Are you able to volunteer over christmas at all? It will get you out of the house and meeting people. Sometimes looking after others is the best medicine and gives us something else to focus on.

Ok dinner really burning now got to go

ciao xx

what a brilliant idea.
If i was you mandy i would look into this further. Not only will it be good for you but you would also be helping others.
Sue.

Back