• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

11 hours till surgery and im not nervous at all, is this normal??

kerry2010

hiya all well im in surgery 2moro morning at 11am, im not nervous, or scared at all, not a worry, im more worried about not being with my daughter for a few days and how she is going to be without me?
iv had friends and family texting and ringing like mad, my sister and best friend came round tonight to wish me well and left crying, and i was completely un-emotional??
im quite a thick skinned person but still cry at eastenders and soppy films like most us girls do?
Should i be prepared for it to hit me when i wake from the anesthetic?
Just wondering if anyone else has felt like this before??

Good Luck tomorrow Kerry :)
I'm a few days behind you and at the moment I feel just like you. I can't explain it either I think it may well hit me on the morning of Surgery while I'm waiting to go to theatre but at the moment it can't come quick enough.

yea sue i know she will be well looked after and ill prob miss her more than she will miss me she will; be so busy doing things?
yea brian its weird iv felt all the excitment of it all building up and now im not really to worried about it, just be happy to get off this milk and yogurt diet, 2pts a milk and 2 yogurts really aint cutting it! lol. not really hungry just bored of the taste?xx

Good luck for 2moz Hun u will soon. Be on the losers bench :) hope u have a fast pain free recovery x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I wasn't very nervous or anxious either and can relate to how you feel. I had complete trust in my very experienced surgeon and remained pretty calm throughout.

Good luck hun and I wish you a speedy recovery. xx

all the best love , will be watching your journey andwishing you well, x

Hope it goes well for you today xxxxxxxx

woohoo good luck Kerry :) x

Staying calm is the best state you can be in for surgery. It's probably because you've had time to get used to the idea and you know the op is for the best!

Anyway good luck and here's to a speedy recovery xxx

Best of luck for your surgery and speedy recovery sweetheart. I had my surgery last week and was also quite calm and serene on the morning of my op.

You will not feel any different really when you wake up so don't worry.

(((hugs)))

Well it is 11.20am at the moment so I am guessing you are in surgery as I write ... hope all is going well & you wake up with the same good attitude you went to sleep with. Not everyone panics & worries (although I think I may :() Good luck with your new life, hun xxx :)

I was the same as you Hun. It didnt really hit me until I woke up after.

I think they didnt actually do a bypass... i can eat like a horse still haha. I think they just cut me!

xx

MissDiet said:

I think they didnt actually do a bypass... i can eat like a horse still haha. I think they just cut me!

xx

Omg don't say that!!

kerry2010 said:
hiya all well im in surgery 2moro morning at 11am, im not nervous, or scared at all, not a worry, im more worried about not being with my daughter for a few days and how she is going to be without me?
iv had friends and family texting and ringing like mad, my sister and best friend came round tonight to wish me well and left crying, and i was completely un-emotional??
im quite a thick skinned person but still cry at eastenders and soppy films like most us girls do?
Should i be prepared for it to hit me when i wake from the anesthetic?
Just wondering if anyone else has felt like this before??

Good luck xxxxxx

MissDiet said:

xx

So have you not lost anything then? X

Wow u sound just like me :) I'm at my private consultation in the morning n just want to get on with it!!! Hope goes well!!!! Xxx

Suwiexx said:
So have you not lost anything then? X

No no i have, 31lbs. But im suprised how much i can actually eat. Obviously less than a 'normal' person, but more than an egg cup lol x

Back