• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it worth it???

nikki f

After reading so many posts on here I can now fully understand the extent of the hard work after the op people who think that this is the easy option should spend some time reading the diaries on here so a big massive well done to all those working do hard to live the dream.
I'm currently waiting for my confirmed surgery date and can't wait but my question is had anyone regretted their choice?

not me! i love my sleeve, its only been 9 weeks, and i have my life back already :) xxx

Not at all! I love my bypass - I love everything about it.

im a bander and dont regret it one little bit,my only regret is that i didnt get it done sooner xx

For me, nothing worth having is easy. Walking around and treating patients carrying 22st in this heat is terrible. I'm sick of being in pain and feeling abnormal, so all the hard work post op wil be so worth it for me, as for once in my entire adult life i'll be pain free and feel normal.

I had my bypass 8 weeks ago and like others my only regret is that I didn't have it done sooner. All those wasted years of me carrying my bulk around! Obviously there are lifelong changes to be made - one of the things I miss is gulping down a glass of cold water on a hot day - but that's a small price to pay for a new life ! Good luck on your journey.

Thought that would be the response can't believe I wasted do many years waiting to do this really excited and happy looking forward to sharing my journey with you all
X

I am only 3 weeks out and love my sleeve already.
I have to say though that it is quite normal to think you've made a huge mistake when you're one or two days out. However, this quickly disappears and you begin to realise that you've done the best thing for youself.
Good luck.

If you had asked me this in the first two weeks post op i had doubts - I personally was in a lot of pain, had fluid on my lungs post op as well as an infection in my staple lines - now however no regrets, nothing worth having is easy and these ops are not easy! Xx

No regrets at all, it is surprising how quickly you adapt to new ways of eating, plus you appreciate flavours a lot more whereas before (well it was in my case) I would be wolfing food down

In the immortal words of Eith Piaf
"Non, je ne regrette rien " meaning "No, I don't regret anything".
Loving my sleeve.

No regrets here. I've already got so much from my bypass and I'm only 8 weeks post op too. I've nearly lost 5 stone, got a job, in less pain, have control over my eating for the first time in years and years, can walk and stand for longer than I've been able to in years and more but most importantly I can see a really positive future for myself where before all I saw was sadness and ultimately death. It feels amazing not to feel like that any more but having said that it certainly isn't easy. I've had pain, sickness, weakness, a problem with my liver and my emotional crutch taken away. I've got a lot to learn and a lot of work to put in every day to get to where I want to be and stay there but without the surgery that wouldn't happen and it's worth the work and pain to get what you get back when you work with your surgery :) x

Wow u guys are really inspirational I'm so glad that your all so happy and hope that I get to experience this feeling too I've spent way too long avoiding my fat issue and thinking I was ok but I now know I'm not I'm 29 and on blood pressure tablets, I can't walk up stairs without being heavily out of breath and I can't buy the clothes that all my friends wear I have to dress like I'm 40. In so angry with myself that I've let it get this far but now I'm at the beginning of my journey and can't wait for my op. it's giving me the opportunity to turn my life around. X

No regrets I have just come back off holiday I was able to walk every where where as before I would have driven every where. I am starting at the gym tomorrow and have agred to go swimming after 3 months ago this wouldn't have an option.

Back