• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this a disaster?

nakipa

I am going for my sleeve surgery on Tuesday.

I am menopausal and taking HRT and have been on it for about a year.
Apart from the odd bit of spotting with doseage changes I haven't had a period for 2 years. Then yesterday I started bleeding and today it is heavier. What is going on?

In the notes for the op it says that you must ensure that you are not menstruating at the time of the op.

I have phoned the provider and left a message to contact me but OMG what if I cant have it done now?

I can't believe this has happened. Has anyone else had anything like this?

Do they normally last long? Mine would be over in time for the op so maybe you'll be ok? X

oh gawd, wishing you all the best xxx

I haven't had it happen before so. Have no idea how long it will last.

The problem is I am flying to the uk on Saturday and then to Prague on Sunday so I could just hope for the best and go but if they won't do the op because of it. Then I I've lost a lot of money...

I haven't had it happen before so. Have no idea how long it will last.

The problem is I am flying to the uk on Saturday and then to Prague on Sunday so I could just hope for the best and go but if they won't do the op because of it. Then I I've lost a lot of money...
there are people on here who have had their op while menstruating :) xxx

I was spotting and had my sleeve op. Didn't affect anything as I didn't even have a catheter so they didn't even go down their x x x

Hun today is wednesday and chances are you will be finished by then... have you tried contacting them to explain your worries... you will prbaly find as long as your not on your heaviest day then it will be ok xxx

I have managed to speak to them and it's ok... phew!!
Apparently if you in the first 3 days of your period then blood flow to the abdomen is increased and so they dont want to do it then. This will be fine and as stated, by then I should be finished anyway.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. This time next week it will all be over!!!

I am going for my sleeve surgery on Tuesday.

I am menopausal and taking HRT and have been on it for about a year.
Apart from the odd bit of spotting with doseage changes I haven't had a period for 2 years. Then yesterday I started bleeding and today it is heavier. What is going on?

In the notes for the op it says that you must ensure that you are not menstruating at the time of the op.

I have phoned the provider and left a message to contact me but OMG what if I cant have it done now?

I can't believe this has happened. Has anyone else had anything like this?

I spoke with Michael and he said as long as it was not at the beginning of the cycle it should not be too much of an issue. Thank god I got mine early this week and as I have the Marina Coil fitted mine is just spotting but I think that its due to the additional blood that you carry at that time of the month, we dont fly out til Sun pm and your op is not til Tue hunni, you still have 6 days yet.

PS - I am Clare on the list :) xxx

What a worry!! Hadnt even thought about the time if the month!! Glad it will be ok...your monthlys mess up most things...glad its not your op also!

My hospital was fine with bleeding thankfully as I have been bleeding since Sep 2010. I did have the Marina Coil fitted in October but no real change. Lucky am seeing Gynae in the morning to go over it.
Mine did want me to wear yummy net pants while in the op but they didn't fit so wore my own. They just had to be cotton.
Good Luck for Tuesday x

My hospital didn't even ask if I was on my period or not x

They never asked and I'd started day before op so can't be such an issue!!

My hospital was fine with bleeding thankfully as I have been bleeding since Sep 2010. I did have the Marina Coil fitted in October but no real change. Lucky am seeing Gynae in the morning to go over it.
Mine did want me to wear yummy net pants while in the op but they didn't fit so wore my own. They just had to be cotton.
Good Luck for Tuesday x
blimey!! I bled for 3 months once and it turned out to be fibroids, good luck :) xxx

Back