• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal

dottydalmation

I am day 4 post , two things,straight after surgery my period started, not expected or due, they said that can happen but it,s getting worse not at all like normal, I have America coil do haven't had a real period for years. Then When I got home started having period like pains and now upset tummy and I was worried about constipation!

Hi
I had the same and I also have the mirena coil so don't normally have periods but randomly came on 2 days post op and lasted for about 3 weeks, albeit very light! My provider said the had never heard about that as a side effect before but hey ho. If it gets heavy, passing clots or you suspect it's coming from your urethra (or you are worried) call your doc
X

I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and have a nexaplon implant and I don't have periods, however I came on 2 days ago REALLY heavily, hopefully it won't last 3 weeks.

Hi, I have pcos and barely ever have periods, two weeks after my op I started bleeding but only lightly and it lasted three weeks, it only stopped as I got something from the docs. They said its probably the weight loss I had already managed which triggered it. X

that happened to me too,i have the implant and hardly have them at all but after my op i had a heavy 2 week one and havent had one since x

I've heard of it quiet often because the surgery affects the you hormones. The anaesthetic and the weight loss from the pre op and then post op, not eating much at all, your fat cells releasing hormones. All of it together mean physically changes are happening inside your body too and people who haven't had periods in years quite often have one straight after surgery. If you are worried at all or it is abnormal at all check with your provider or GP though x

Does anyone know if you are on the pill, do you need to stop it before your op? When I had my tonsils out I had to. My doctor hasn't told me. Any clues?

Sorry, I don't know....you're probably best off phoning SRH and speak to the bariatric team, or you could go to the support group they're really friendly and happy to answer queries :)

I wasnt on any contraception when I did it and I had a light period afterwards which wasnt my normal day. I was told its normal.

Back