• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this ok

I am almost three weeks post op and the dietician said firstly to have mashed/pureed foods if I could manage these then to go onto soft foods then to go onto normal foods.
Todate I am able to eat most things, I haven't found a problem with anything
Is this normal?
I am not eating full meals as I used to prior to my band
I have my first fill on the 2nd June so hopefully i will have some restriction after that:confused:

It's tedious, but it's probably better to stick to your providers guidelines just to be safe (to make sure you heal well inside)
Anything you can squash on the back of a fork, chewed really well, should hopefully give you a bit more options without compromising your providers advice I think

I'm under Mr Ahmed at Charring Cross and after my bypass surgery I was told to stick to mushy foods for a minimum of six weeks as others are saying on this thread to let your insides completely heal and most importantly seal inside. I understand from the advice given it's vital not to try too much too soon. I'm on week 4 of my soft post op diet and I'm craving to munch on something so I can understand how you feel. We have this fantastic tool now to help change our lives forever, we have to give ourselves the best chance. I also went to my GP for weight/blood pressure check. I've lost another 15 pounds since my last visit just over 2 weeks ago and the nurse reported that in turn my blood pressure is coming down!! Take care of yourself. Annie x

You sound normal to me as i didnt have any issues at all on soft stages except banana which was uncomfortable going down but didnt get stuck.

Only when ive started on normal foods have i found some foods more difficult to get down than others and ive only had 1 time where something got stuck but i wasnt sick...and that was a mcdonalds fillet-o-fish

At your stage, i couldnt finish a full ready meal but by week 5 i could.

I'm 4 weeks post op and am on normal foods although I haven't tried very much. I am full after 3-4 tablespoons of food!

Back