• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help????

jinkles

:cry:Hi all, I have not posted in a very long time, but have come back as I need some advice.
First of all I had my band in on 2nd Jan 2009
I didn't get any real restriction until I had my 5th fill (9mls) this restriction only lasted for about 2 weeks (only on soft foods during this time) When I moved onto solid foods I found I had restriction for only 3 days then NOTHING. Any way I have 11.5mls in my 12ml band now and after each and every fill I have restriction but not for long. I have explained all this to my provider (mr cheruvu) he doesn't really give any positive advice.
My calorie intake varies from 800cals a day to 1300 cals a day. I do 20 mins of cardio a day plus 20 mins toning a day. I work 35hrs a week and have 2 small children, so live a far from sedentary lifestyle. I have not lost any weight for 5 months in fact I put 3-5lbs on, then it takes 2 weeks to loose it then i'm yoyoing!!!!
I'm just wondering whether to have all my restriction taken away, and to start it all over again?????????????

You're doing a nice lot of exercise a day but maybe upping calories a bit plus adding an extra bit of cardio in daily might help? It could reset your metabolism a bit. I don't know if you need any restriction adjustments though but you could always explain your current situation to the team at hospital and see if they would do a fill under xray/take it all out to see how much is in there and put it back again?
You're getting to the point where you don't have that much left to lose so it could just be a case of pushing your body a bit more with a slightly harder exercise challenge. Bodies get used to a certain amount of exercise so it could be that you need to make it work a bit more and see if this jump starts some weight loss again.
Also maybe make sure most of the calories you do eat are protein as well.
I wish I had a better answer for you but that's what I would try xxx If you're exercising you need to have well over 1000 cals a day for certain.
Also get some resistance /weight training in as the more toned muscle you have the better for burning fat.

Hope that it will sort itself out for you...could be your body just taking a moment to adjust as well as you have lost a big lot of weight. I'm still going with mine as well and I often think "why am I not at goal yet" etc...it's going to be slower with a band x
Maybe try at least 1,250 cals a day and see if that helps a bit...I also have a once a week calorie counting free day and eat what I fancy. If you're exercising daily and building in some extra to push your body a little to get out of a rut then it might be worth a try.
Also maybe switch to taking your measurements as your main indicator of progress from now on?
Stay posting hun as it will help your resolve x

I just wanted to add also, I had a defill of 1/2 mil recently as I could barely eat anything and now I can eat all sorts (slightly worrying!!!) A tiny amount such as 1/4 mil or 1/2 mil might actually make a huge difference as well. Quite a lot of people have to have a lot in their bands to get them working for them and you shouldn't feel bad if you feel you might be the same. I would have loved to have a lot less in mine for good restriction but it doesn't work that way for everyone. Maybe try a tiny adjustment , provided you can still eat proper healthy foods it might also help with this stall.

Last edited:
Hi Jinkles

Nice to see you on here again. Im sorry you are not losing at the moment. The only thing I can add to what Neen has advised is to look at what you are eating ie not too much slider food and textured food that will stay in your pouch and fill you for longer.

Try writing a food diary for a week and look for extra things sneaking in and try to stick to protein, veg and a small amount of carbs in your main meals.

Drink plenty of fluids too.

Good luck x

I too have'nt lost any weight for months with my band but I'm the opposite. My band is too tight so I'm unable to eat any proteins ie, meats, fish, eggs so I'm having a defill so I can eat more textured food instead of the sliders I'm having now. How on earth do you find time for all that exercise lol. Do you ever sit down you "super woman" lol. I hope you find some of the advice from this forum helpful. Its good to have advice from those who know and thats why I'm here taking it all in.Good luckxxxxx

Back