• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME.......

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
I've lost nearly 12 stone and am now a size 10/12 from a size 28/30, i now love clothes shopping! I have had a weight problem most of my life and so has my mum(age 64)but her weight has really piled on over the last few years and she has quite alot of disabilities to go with it. We went clothes shopping the other day and she was trying some clothes on size 24/26 and she got really upset because none of them fitted, it brought all my old memories flooding back of how i used to have to go through that agony of clothes shopping and having to look in mirrors and cry over what i saw in them:cry:. But now thanks to my bypass i will never have to go through that again xxx

Hi Lisa - Congratulations on your weight loss hun x

Is there any possibility that your mum could get surgery to help her - if thats what she wants of course!

I know some of us on here that are older and have had surgery; and with all the health problems our weight caused, it was the best thing to help us.....I already feel 20 years younger and I still have a long way to go!

Good Luck to her and you hun x

Love Kat x

Bless you Lisa, it doesn't just disappear from our minds and it's certainly a haunting experience for those of us, like me who have been in your position exactly the same, it takes some taking in that we are bodily changing.

Embrace and enjoy your new found self love, and hoping you can catch up on lost time and start to reach and enjoy things long forgotten.

It's a reality... the new you and you have much to look forward to and so do a lot of others who have taken this huge step in life to improve their quality of life in every sense of the word.

Love you and take good care Angel, positive foot forward as always xxx

Wow well done one the weight loss that's a huge amount, I bet you feel
Much better for it, as for watching your mum in so much despair must be heartbreaking is there nothing the docs can do to help her? Xx

You've done phenomenally well Lisa and your feelings are understandable. Your mum's not too old for WLS either ?

Wow - you have done amazing! How awful for your Mum, at least you can sympathise and support her as you've been there and can understand how she was feeling x

Hi thank you all for your replies and kind words. My mum wouldn't have the surgery done and i dont think at the age of 64 i would either, it just made me realise how lucky i was to have had the surgery and the success that ive acheived and i will be forever grateful to the NHS and my surgeon xxx

Back