• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's booked - time to get ready!

I have booked my surgery! 27 October at Spire Manchester. This is a big step to making it real, and finally beating the demons that have made me so large for so long.

Many of my friends have questioned me - "why when you know what to do to lose weight?" - or "but you did ok on Slimming World - why don't you just take it more seriously?" - but I'm sticking to it. I need this for me. Diets don't work for me - the past 10-12 years have shown that. Time to get drastic.

Amazingly my parents and my sister - and most importantly - my wife - are all supportive and all want me to be happy. And that's the most important thing.

So I have done it. I really have, haven't I?! It's booked, deposit paid, and now I need to brace myself. No turning back now!

Well done, I'm glad your family is behind you. Hopefully your friends will come around once they can see the difference the surgery makes to you.

I'm due for surgery on 6th October and just can't wait for the time to come now

Well the dates been changed to the 29th and I don't have to do a 4 week pre-op diet - just two. Ok - as long as that's the only problems at this stage I'm ok.

I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. Can I cope with the pain? Will it really be as easy as the consultant says? How will I cope losing the social side of going out for meals? It's all a bit scary to be honest.

But then I have to think - what would happen if I don't do this? Will I just get bigger and bigger?

Sometimes I think I'm ok being big and bubbly - and there's a whole section of society dedicated to big women and those who love them. But is it so wrong to want to be "normal"?

Back