• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its ok to feel hungry

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I think one powerful thing that I learned in my journey with my team was that it is ok to feel hungry.

Now a day we seem to think that if we are hungry we have to eat straight away, but my doctor told me we all need to learn the difference between hunger and the urge just to eat because its a known time people will be eating.

Do you know what real hunger feels like rather than head/thirst hunger?

Yes.
Real hunger is when a tomato or apple will stop the urge to eat.
Head hunger is when only a cake or biscuit will do.

Do you know what real hunger feels like rather than head/thirst hunger?

Yep .. If I get hungry I am nauseous and giddy.. Im slowly learning how to avoid that now.
But I do get sensory hunger with the smell of chips and vinegar for instance but it passes pretty quick once the smell goes and it doesn't tempt me too much for now anyway x

Last edited:
No, it's not ok for me. I get hungry when I need food, and if I don't eat then, I feel nauseated, I get cranky, etc... I absolutely hate the feeling of hunger.

I'm not hungry unless I need food. So no for me I don't ignore hunger. I tend to snack on fruit and fat free yoghurt anyway and it's clearly not hurting my weightloss. I would argue that maybe what your dietician is saying isn't working for you as you were moaning about being stuck six months ago and not being able to lose more than 12 stone. Or am I misremembering?

Back