• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's really happening

Corey

longs to be average!
Hi all,

I posted a couple of months back when I was considering the gastric band, and have been a little lapse on here since, I guess because I was in a state of limbo - that period between being told that I could have the band and actually starting the pre-op diet, which starts tomorrow.

My niece asked on Sunday how many diets I have been on in my life, my answer was simple - "one!" I told her that it seemed that I had moved from diet to another seemlessly since I was a teenager! My last diet was Lighterlife last year, I lost 4 stone, I was ecstatic with the results, but the day I started on Route to Management, I slowly started to put the weight back on. Needlessly to say 4 months after starting RtM I had put all my weight back on with interest and am now the heaviest I have been in my entire life. As a result, I now suffer with three co-morbidities (luckily they are all 'minor' ones), painful knees, breathlessness and sleep apnea.

I'm booked in for my op on the 1st May, and am starting my pre-op liver reducing diet tomorrow. I was given the option of following either of two diets, a rabbit food diet and a liquid diet, or following both (but not combining them on the same day), so Monday to Friday I will be on 3 pints of skimmed milk and sugar free jelly and weekends, salads and veg.

It's hard to believe that it's all finaly happening - just weeks away from the one day that will change my life for ever. I know that this will be the last ever diet I will be on - how can it not be?

Good luck Corey!

Hi Corey Your story much the same as mine I lost five stone on lighterlife only to put it all back on then some! Really loved it when I had lost all that weight self esteem shot up only to sink to new lows. I was banded at the begining of Feb. I was really fortunate didn't find pre op diet difficult at all as I love milky coffee due to have first fill next week so looking forward to that. Just wanted to wish you all the best and look forward to reading your posts to hear how you get on
Good Luck

hi corey, just wanted to wish you luck on the pre op diet, and good luck also for your upcoming op.

liz x

Hi Corey, I too am having a band on the 1st of may. I have to do 10 days of milk and yoghurt so haven't started my pre op diet yet so good luck with yours. I haven't heard of the one you are doing, the mon to fri thing but it sounds pretty good being able to have solids at the weekend. Take care xx Gaynor xx

Hi Gaynor - my dietician gave me the option of two diets to follow and has allowed me to follow which one I like each day - so figured the milk and yoguht during the working week would be easy for me, and then get "rewarded" with some solids on the weekend, but that said, having done the milk and yoguht today with absolutely no problems (found it very easy), I might just stick with this one.

Good luck with your journey - it's good to know that there is someone who'll be going through with this at the same time :eek:)

Hi Corey, Yes will be good to keep our eye on each other. If you enjoyed the milk and yoghurt diet, surely your not going to do it for 4 weeks are you???. You probably won't need the band if you do lol. Take care xx Gaynor xx

Good luck hope the pre-op diet goes well for you.

Ali

Hi Corey

We've never really chatted before, but I read many of your posts whilst you were lighter lifing, (although I'm a CDer I couldnt stay away from the lovely Katie and BL :D)

Really sorry to hear that you didnt manage to keep the weight off that you lost whilt on lighter life, I really know how difficult it is.

Wishing you all the best with the surgery and will be avidly reading about how you're getting on.

Take care

Tracey
x

hi Corey ...... yea its a funny feeling knowing your having surgery but yet to be happy about it is strange lol ..

I'm same .. I'm having a gastric bypass and i can not wait .. although i know when it gets closer i will be scared of going under now knowing i have a few probs scares me more but way i look at it is... its a start of a me and a new life i have now met so many people who have done this and not 1 regret ..

so I'm ready for that to be me also ..

so wishing you a good luck and keep us updated ;o)

I know what you mean Gaynor - but my dietician said four weeks and expect to lose around 2 stone - I lost 3lb alone on day one :) So wondering how much I will lose before I go under the knife.

Hi Brett, am sure you'll be fine - you never know once you have the op, and the weight drops, your irregular heart beat might not be so irregular? When are you having your op?

Hi MiniLady, BL certainly is a character. I'm sure I am going to be on here as often as I was on the LL forum!!

Back