• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've cancelled!

jema

Hi all and Merry Christmas.
To all of those who have 'chatted' with me before, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, but with 3 kids and Christmas, time isn't my friend...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I received a call from SRH today to have my surgery January 3rd, and I turned it down. I have lost 5 stone in 6 months by changing my lifestyle and dropped from size 24/26 to 18/20. I am so proud of myself and have every confidence that I'll be able to keep it up. I know some of you will say that it's easier said than done, or the chances are it'll go back on, and more. But, I have never lost more than around 20lbs in the past and never changed the way I have this time. I am ashamed of what I have done to my body and am trying to reverse as much of the damage as I can, but in my opinion, I wouldn't be doing myself any favours now by having the surgery. I wish each and every one of you all the luck in the world, whatever stage you're at and thank you for the support over the past 6 months. I hope I never need to speak to you again (lol... WLS isn't the right forum for me now) but if things go wrong for me, I know I'll get the help I need from here.
Take care, Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012 and the many healthy years to follow. xxx

Well I for one am very happy for you, Jema, lovely :D We would all like to have done it your way but failed so many times. :( I wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas & an even better New Year ... don't be a stranger though ... we are still your friends whether you have the surgery or not. Would love to see you hit target in the not too distant future xxx :):)

Wow jema that is fantastic news, congratulations on the amazing weight loss! There's nothing wrong in cancelling surgery if you now don't it's appropriate - the most important thing is that you have found the right way forward for you. I wish you the very best in your weight loss efforts, again - very well done, you should be really proud :)

Last edited:
I think your achievement has been fantastic Jemma, and you've proven to yourself that you can make the change over a sustained period of time. I wish I had had your determination and staying power and not needed to take such a drastic step. I hope you'll still visit us here, and keep weighing in so we can see your progress and support you when you need it.
Congratulations and good luck
xx

that is fantastic.. you have done so well.. please keep it up and dont leave us... this forum is of course about us all losing weight... just cos your not having surgery... you may need some support along the way xx so good luck with your weightloss journey xx

Wow Jema, how amazing are you. You should be so proud of yourself. I wish I had been able to do what you did and not had to have the surgery. I hope you get to your target and maintain for ever. Merry Christmas and a very happy new year. xxx

Good luck on your journey, its not how we travel its getting there that is important, have a wonderful Christmas and may 2012 be a wonderful year for you xxxx

well done Jema and good luck :) xxx

Fantastic achievement! And well done in having the confidence to cancel and go it alone. Sounds like you will reach your target and I hope its soon. Best of luck to you xx

Well done you, so proud of & for you for having the strength to go it alone without surgery after your marvellous success so far.
Well done for having the strength of mind to succeed alone & decide that surgery is not necessary for you after all. Long may your success continue.
I echo the others though don't go just because you have chosen to cancel your surgery the support is here for you no matter what.
Best wishes for a merry & happy Christmas with every good thing you could wish for yourself & those you love throughout 2012.

Hi all and Merry Christmas.
To all of those who have 'chatted' with me before, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, but with 3 kids and Christmas, time isn't my friend...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I received a call from SRH today to have my surgery January 3rd, and I turned it down. I have lost 5 stone in 6 months by changing my lifestyle and dropped from size 24/26 to 18/20. I am so proud of myself and have every confidence that I'll be able to keep it up. I know some of you will say that it's easier said than done, or the chances are it'll go back on, and more. But, I have never lost more than around 20lbs in the past and never changed the way I have this time. I am ashamed of what I have done to my body and am trying to reverse as much of the damage as I can, but in my opinion, I wouldn't be doing myself any favours now by having the surgery. I wish each and every one of you all the luck in the world, whatever stage you're at and thank you for the support over the past 6 months. I hope I never need to speak to you again (lol... WLS isn't the right forum for me now) but if things go wrong for me, I know I'll get the help I need from here.
Take care, Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012 and the many healthy years to follow. xxx

Well done Jema on your weight loss..Nothing wrong with cancelling your Op.... Everyone has a choice and if this is your choice then good luck to you.... Infact,By cancelling,You're going to make someone's year earlier than expected because they'll have you appointment!

Merry Xmas and a happy New year to you and yours

Take Care

Andy x

Wow well dun that's great I wish u every success with ur weight loss xx

If you have done it without surgery and you are happy with new you then thats brilliant, good luck with the maintainence of weight loss.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, I have lost and put my weight back on so many times I was begining to think I was a yoyo lol. Best of luck with the rest of your journey x

You go girl!! :0clapper::0clapper:

People are surprised when I tell them that I really admire those people that have been able to lose the weight through sheer will power and determination. :character00115:

Good Luck and please pop back to let us know how you are doing.

well done you and good luck for the future

Jema, I'm so pleased that you have been able to achieve so much by yourself, as I've said previously, if you can do it by yourself...fantastic..

I truly wish you all the best for your future and I'm certain with the determination you have shown to date you will reach and maintain your target in the near future:D

Don't be a stranger, you have many friends here that would love to know how you are doing.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012:)

Well done Jema :)

I have lost around the same as you and wish I could promise myself the same in some ways. However, I know I lost it because of having the op as an incentive. Really proud of you that you have the confidence to know your change is forever.

Don't be a stranger. You are a weight loss success story who was inspired because you were going to have weight loss surgery. And you have forum friends :)

well done jema thats so fantastic i wish i could do what you have acheived keep going n good luck for the future x

Well done and good luck keeping the weight off. Statistically less than five percent of people will lose a large amount of weight and keep it off. When I was younger I lost seven stone of fat going from 18 stone to 11. I took up running where I was running 9 miles three days a week and lifting weights for the other four. I added two stone of muscle where at my peak I was 46 inch chest, 28 inch waist and 6% body fat. Two years later I was 40" waist and 16 stone on my way to all my highest of 38.5 stone. Like I say good luck

Back