• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've cancelled!

well done on your weight loss you should be so proud of yourself x

Hi all and Merry Christmas.
To all of those who have 'chatted' with me before, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, but with 3 kids and Christmas, time isn't my friend...
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I received a call from SRH today to have my surgery January 3rd, and I turned it down. I have lost 5 stone in 6 months by changing my lifestyle and dropped from size 24/26 to 18/20. I am so proud of myself and have every confidence that I'll be able to keep it up. I know some of you will say that it's easier said than done, or the chances are it'll go back on, and more. But, I have never lost more than around 20lbs in the past and never changed the way I have this time. I am ashamed of what I have done to my body and am trying to reverse as much of the damage as I can, but in my opinion, I wouldn't be doing myself any favours now by having the surgery. I wish each and every one of you all the luck in the world, whatever stage you're at and thank you for the support over the past 6 months. I hope I never need to speak to you again (lol... WLS isn't the right forum for me now) but if things go wrong for me, I know I'll get the help I need from here.
Take care, Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012 and the many healthy years to follow. xxx
Well done Jema it cant have been an easy decision to make but you should be very proud of yourself. I just wish I had the will power good luck and best wishes to you Pauline x

Well done and good luck keeping the weight off. Statistically less than five percent of people will lose a large amount of weight and keep it off. When I was younger I lost seven stone of fat going from 18 stone to 11. I took up running where I was running 9 miles three days a week and lifting weights for the other four. I added two stone of muscle where at my peak I was 46 inch chest, 28 inch waist and 6% body fat. Two years later I was 40" waist and 16 stone on my way to all my highest of 38.5 stone. Like I say good luck

I am defo one of the 95%. An extreme yo yo queen lol

I have max respect for the people who lose it with determination and keep it off. I wish with all my heart I was one of them!lol

Jema sounds determined enough to have a good go at being one of the 5% :D

Jema sounds determined enough to have a good go at being one of the 5% :D

I hope you're right, but only time will tell and with at least a two year waiting list that will only get longer, and an uncertain future for the NHS funding and WLS in particular I really hope her gamble pays off

Thats what my mom said to me when I wobbled (in another way!! lol) for a bit and was wondering if to go ahead. My PCT was meant to change from NICE guidelines in Oct. It has been delayed for now, but will happen. If I backed out now, good chance is I will pile weight back on, regret it and it will be too late. I cant take that chance. So I am looking at my past relationship with food and know that given a bout of depression or a big life change, I could be thrown off the wagon any minute. So I am marching on and nothing will stop me having the op :)

Thats what my mom said to me when I wobbled (in another way!! lol) for a bit and was wondering if to go ahead. My PCT was meant to change from NICE guidelines in Oct. It has been delayed for now, but will happen. If I backed out now, good chance is I will pile weight back on, regret it and it will be too late. I cant take that chance. So I am looking at my past relationship with food and know that given a bout of depression or a big life change, I could be thrown off the wagon any minute. So I am marching on and nothing will stop me having the op :)

Well done on your decision to not have surgery, you are a brave girl - some ppl can do it themselves & I salute you - like Fuffs says in the above many of us here cannot break the dreadful relationship that we have we food, does not make us any better or worse, we're all the same at the end of the day!

Good luck on the rest of your journey babe !!! :)

I have been down this road once before, had funding and started losing weight with ww...who needs a bypass right??
Me! I need help and I'm no longer ashamed to ask for it.

Yvessa said:
I have been down this road once before, had funding and started losing weight with ww...who needs a bypass right??
Me! I need help and I'm no longer ashamed to ask for it.

I hear you Yvessa! I went on Exante last year and the weight was dropping off me. Made me question if I needed it. On refeed week I got my answer lol

Thankyou all for your continued support. I wasn't sure of the reaction I'd get from some people waiting for the op, but I should have known you'd all be there for me! It feels good to know that tomorrow someone is having the op to change their life, and having it sooner because I made a decision to take up no more of the Docs' precious time. I've had a lovely Xmas and gained 2lbs. I am not a bit worried about this, as I'd normally gain a lot more, and I can't wait to shift it again.
Thanks again, and good luck for 2012 to all of you.
I'll keep coming back.... The support from here is outstanding. x

Thankyou all for your continued support. I wasn't sure of the reaction I'd get from some people waiting for the op, but I should have known you'd all be there for me! It feels good to know that tomorrow someone is having the op to change their life, and having it sooner because I made a decision to take up no more of the Docs' precious time. I've had a lovely Xmas and gained 2lbs. I am not a bit worried about this, as I'd normally gain a lot more, and I can't wait to shift it again.

Wishing you all the best, as ever, Jema, mwah xxx :):)

I also lost six stone by myself in 2003-4, didn't put all of it back though...but enough (3st) to make me want to do something permanent about it this time. I wish you all the best Jema.

Yet more proof of your determination :)

So glad you had a good Christmas and I for one cannot wait till you make that "I've reached my target " post.... I know you will be making it :):)

Back