• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive had the bypass and at home

just to let u all no ive had the bypass on saturday at spire park way solihil, they sent me home sunday, in a lot of pain, had to have a hiatius hernia repair before mr kumar coud do the i
op as i dint no i had one so ive got a slightyly bigger pouch, coping ok apart from the pain but im fine.... so make way on the lossers bench a fat bums on her way over xx

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Karen x

Try to get plenty of rest the first 3 weeks are very hard esp since you have had to have additional work done but I can assure you it is well worth it - good luck x x x x

Well done Sue welcome to the losers bench, rest lots and heal quickly xx

just to let u all no ive had the bypass on saturday at spire park way solihil, they sent me home sunday, in a lot of pain, had to have a hiatius hernia repair before mr kumar coud do the i
op as i dint no i had one so ive got a slightyly bigger pouch, coping ok apart from the pain but im fine.... so make way on the lossers bench a fat bums on her way over xx

Hi Sue,

Well done. You sound like you will be able to heal and make much more progress in your own bed. I wanted to ask you something if thats OK?, I knew I had a Hiatus Hernia and it was massive, meaning that my stomach in its entirety was up in my diaphragm. This was repaired at the same time as my Bypass but nothing was ever said to me about about having a bigger pouch but as I never feel restriction - I wondered if this was the case. Did your surgeon mention why this has to happen?
Wish you a speedy recovery Sue.

Welcome back. Hope you are feeling better soon x

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good luck with your weight loss journey.

Glad it went well Sue, look forward to watching your progress xx

Sydenham i keep telling you, when you get onto proper hard food you'll feel your pouch.....

Sue, i moved over for you at the weekend hun, even put a cushion down in case your bum was still a bit numb from that lovely long lay down you had :)

Congrats on making it to the slimmer side xxx

Sydenham i keep telling you, when you get onto proper hard food you'll feel your pouch.....

Sue, i moved over for you at the weekend hun, even put a cushion down in case your bum was still a bit numb from that lovely long lay down you had :)

Congrats on making it to the slimmer side xxx

Hi Julie,

I am on "proper food" now. Today went as follows:

B: One Slice Brown Toast with all crusts cut off with Melted Low Fat Cheese on Top.
Snack: Coffee made with Skimmed Milk
L: Small Piece of Quiche with most of crust removed, Slice of Corned Beef (Extra Lean) and two Olives
Snack: About 12 Cashews
Dinner: Chicken Breast, Leaves & Reduced Fat Coleslaw.

NAS Drinks and Water as recommended.

Felt absolutely nothing and convinced I could have ate my husbands food too!
Its an hour and a half since I ate Dinner and I feel hungry. Will have another drink of water.

hiya thanks for all the lovley messages i dint no i had a hernia repair till i came round mr kumar didnt tell me i had a bigger pouch i over heard the radiooligist who checked my pouch ask me if id had a hernia repair and i said yes he then phoned mr kumar and overheard the conversation that ive had a bigger pouch put in ..... had no symptoms of the hernia and was suprised when i came round and he told me he had to repair it first before they could do the by pass.... the radiologist wasent very helpful to be honest but i met mr kumars registrar who told me not to worry that we are all individual and that we have diffrent size pouches put in to suit are needs, he says they dont tell the patients as it worries them but reasures me i will be ok xx hope this helps

Thank you Sue,

A pouch is like a bit like a made to measure suit I suppose. Look after yourself now and take it easy.

get well soon and im sure your pouch will serve u well!!

Back